12 November 2019
WordPress version 5.3 is now available.
Upgrading to WordPress 5.3
WordPress 5.3 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WordPress updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WordPress install to test the 5.3 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WordPress installations with Installatron
What's New in WordPress 5.3
WordPress 5.3 is a new major release.
- PHP 7.4 Compatibility
- 5.3 expands and refines the block editor with more intuitive interactions and improved accessibility.
- This release also introduces the Twenty Twenty theme.
- This enhancement-focused update introduces over 150 new features and usability improvements.
- Accessibility improvements include the integration of block editor styles in the admin interface.
- For people who use a keyboard to navigate the dashboard, the block editor now has a Navigation mode.
- The new Group block lets you easily divide your page into colorful sections.
- The Columns block now supports fixed column widths.
- The new predefined layouts make it a cinch to arrange content into advanced designs.
- Heading blocks now offer controls for text and background color.
- Additional style options allow you to set your preferred style for any block that supports this feature.
- Automatic Image Rotation.
- Improved Site Health Checks.
- Admin Email Verification.
- Date/Time Component Fixes.