Installatron releases Installatron Plugin 9.0
Carlisle PA, 11 September 2013
Installatron announces the release of Installatron Plugin software version 9.0.
Installatron is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Installatron Plugin software version 9.0. The Installatron Plugin software is an add-on for cPanel, DirectAdmin, and Plesk servers that empowers web hosting service providers and their customers with point-and-click access to blogs, photo galleries, forums, shops, and other top web applications.
Included in this brand new release are great new features like integrated application changelogs, remote and automatic application backups, improved WordPress integration, and an enhanced administrative panel with multi-server syncing, impersonation, and improved email support.
"Packed into Installatron Plugin 9 is a balance of simplicity and breakthrough features that really makes managing web applications easier than ever before.", stated Phillip Stier, the co-founder of Installatron. "Installatron Plugin 9 sets a new standard in application management software."
Highlights of the new release includes:
Installatron thanks the members of the Installatron beta program for providing their feedback on and testing of this version over the past three months. Servers with automatic update set to the RELEASE channel will automatically update to this version within the next 24 hours, and turning automatic updates off or switching a server to the STABLE release channel will avoid the update (see Installatron Admin > Settings).
- Remote Backup: Website owners can now backup installed applications to FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and Dropbox locations. Administrators and resellers can configure predefined locations, or website owners can add their own locations.
- Automatic Backup: Website owners can choose to automatically maintain installed application backups based on a schedule. Administrators and resellers can configure predefined schedules and/or forcibly activate one or more predefined schedules. Backups can be maintained at remote locations when this feature in used in conjunction with the Remote Backup feature.
- Backup Quotas: Administrators and resellers can configure backup quotas. Quotas can be applied per account, per domain, or per installed application, with per megabyte or per backup count restrictions.
- Improved UI and UX: The whole user-interface has been re-appraised. Out-of-style elements have been replaced with modern counterparts and many new minor features and improvements have been added systemwide.
- Version Changelogs: Application version changelogs have been integrated systemwide. Website owners can browse version-to-version changes to easily distinguish between significant versions that add major features, versions that patch critical security flaws, and other minor versions.
- Website Showcase: Website owners can browse websites powered by an application to observe the range of capabilities provided by the application.
- WordPress Integration: Website owners can update WordPress plugins and themes right through the Installatron user-interface. Plugins and themes can even be configured to automatically update as new versions become available.
- Email Improvements: Email templates have been overhauled. The new system includes support for group-specific and language-specific templates with the ability to toggle specific templates on/off.
- Multi-Server: Administrators can configure Installatron Plugin servers to automatically and continuously inherit their entire Installatron Plugin configuration from a single master Installatron Plugin server.
- Impersonation: Administrators and resellers now inherit all of their website owners' installed applications and domains. Install applications or perform any installed application task serverwide without ever logging in as the website owner directly.
About Installatron LLC
Since 2004, Installatron LLC has been a leading innovator and provider of web application automation software for the web hosting industry. Installatron's software provides web hosting service providers and their customers with point-and-click access to blogs, photo galleries, forums, shops, and other top web applications. With Installatron, service providers and their customers can replace traditional application management tasks with a fully automated web-based workflow.
For more information about Installatron Plugin 9.0, please visit: http://www.installatron.com/plugin/whatsnew90
For more information about Installatron Plugin's Free 45-day Trial, please visit:http://www.installatron.com/plugin/trial
For more information about Installatron Plugin Live Demo, please visit:http://www.installatron.com/plugin
For more information about Installatron, please visit: http://www.installatron.com
Installatron Plugin is the premiere web application installation and management plugin for popular web hosting control panels, such as cPanel and Plesk.
Installatron Server is an API and optional GUI that enables web application installation and management to be incorporated seamlessly into any web hosting system.
Installatron Remote is a hosted service that brings web application installation and management to the website owner directly.