Zen Cart 1.5.7d
1 March 2022
Zen Cart version 1.5.7d is now available.
Upgrading to Zen Cart 1.5.7d
Zen Cart 1.5.7d can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Zen Cart updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Zen Cart install to test the 1.5.7d upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Zen Cart installations with Installatron
What's New in Zen Cart 1.5.7d
- Many files have been updated for compatibility with PHP 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4. These changes, along with updating your PHP version, will make your cart faster.
- Products with single-valued attributes (such as downloads) can now be added to the cart from the listing page.
- Product page now includes Ask a Question
- Contact Us page now includes a telephone number
- Improved handling of product restrictions such as units and minimum quantities.
- Define page added to shopping cart page for static content.
- The responsive classic template now meets accessibility standards for both desktop and mobile.
- Admins can now login to a customer account (login as that customer), to place an order on their behalf.
- Order Status may be updated from the order listing screen.
- Order Status emails are now sent in the language of the order.
- Order Status dropdown can now be sorted to match your business workflow.
- Order Status notification behavior for an Order Status update (send email/do not send email/hide update) may now be configured by an admin switch.
- Order Listing - hover for quick view of the products ordered or to see customer comments, without opening the order details. (Inspired by Info-At-A-Glance plugin).
- Improved customer search.
- Products to Categories Link Manager - Addition of a global tool to copy linked categories to another product.
- Product Copy expanded to include copy of metatags and linked categories.
- Validation for integer min and max values and email addresses.
- Improved configuration settings descriptions.
- Countries page is easier to perform enable/disable actions.
- Improved error messaging.
- Help links to the documentation website added to all pages.
- Products Viewed report now excludes bots and admins, and its database storage restructured to improve site performance.
- Alphabetical sorting of Reports and Tools menus.
- Validation and alerts for updating configuration settings, and other updates to sanitization layer.
- Improvements in Option Name/Value management.
- UI improvements for Attributes Controller, Featured, Option Names Manager, Option Values Manager, Products to Multiple Categories, Specials.
- Fixed last-order details on customer preview box on right.
- Checkout - Correction of order total layout issues on mobile in responsive_classic template.
- All known bugfixes and security fixes for v1.5.6 are included in v1.5.7
- SPAM prevention built in to forms (Credits @davewest for zenNonCAPTCHA).
- Improvements made to increase email deliverability.
- Untranslatable text removed from emai