31 August 2022
WordPress version 6.0.2 is now available (security release).
Upgrading to WordPress 6.0.2
WordPress 6.0.2 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WordPress updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WordPress install to test the 6.0.2 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WordPress installations with Installatron
What's New in WordPress 6.0.2
This security and maintenance release features 12 bug fixes on Core, 5 bug fixes for the Block Editor, and 3 security fixes.
- FVD for finding a possible SQL injection within the Link API.
- Khalilov Moe for finding an XSS vulnerability on the Plugins screen.
- John Blackbourn of the WordPress security team, for finding an output escaping issue within the_meta().
Bug Fixes and Changes
- #56112 Allow remote pattern registration in theme.json when core patterns are disabled
- #56184 register_block_type does not recognise "ancestor" block setting
- #56210 What's new page design issue in core wordpress
- #56225 `@since 6.1.0` appearing in 6.0.1
- #56271 Custom Template Parts are Duplicated, rather than being updated (PHP 5.6)
- #56398 Update the About page for 6.0.2
- #56402 Moment.js should be upgraded, 2.29.2 contains vulnerability
- #56414 Backport bug fixes from Gutenberg into Core for WP 6.0.2