10 June 2022
WHMCS version 8.5.0 is now available (major release).
Upgrading to WHMCS 8.5.0
WHMCS 8.5.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WHMCS updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WHMCS install to test the 8.5.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WHMCS installations with Installatron
What's New in WHMCS 8.5.0
- cPanel SEO via MarketConnect: You can now offer cPanel SEO, a tool to help clients optimize their website content and reach the top rankings in Google®'s search results. MarketConnect and WHMCS automatically handle provisioning, renewals, and upgrades between two plans.
- Multi-Year SSL Orders with DigiCert via MarketConnect: You can now offer two-year and three-year DigiCert SSL certificate orders through MarketConnect. WHMCS will automatically handle reissuance and reinstallation throughout the length of the order, including automated emails and renewals.
- WHMCS installations should not have existing pricing for multi-year certificates. However, if your installation already specifies custom prices for them, the update process may overwrite them.
- Client Area Home Page SSO: Clients can now use single sign-on (SSO) to access their active services directly from the main page of the Client Area Home Page. Due to this addition, it is now possible to create custom Client Area Home Page panels that span both columns of the desktop web browser page layout.
- Custom Actions: In the WHMCS 8.5.0 RC 1 release, custom actions are available for use in provisioning modules. The CustomAction object lets developers define items that can perform actions and then redirect the user to a defined URI. Currently, you can use this to define a list of SSO items that will display on the Client Area Home Page.
- Shopping Cart Cross-selling: You can now configure cross-selling to display recommendations when customers add a related item to the shopping cart. You can control recommendation locations, content, and appearance as well as individually configuring the recommendations to associate with each product.
- Metric Billing for Plesk: The Plesk provisioning module now supports usage billing in the Metric Billing tab at Configuration () > System Settings > Products/Services. This functionality allows you to bill clients for the individual resources they use, such as email addresses, disk space, or bandwidth.
- Improved System Settings and Setup Tasks Display: When you view Configuration () > System Settings, you can now view the list of interfaces in several predetermined categories and use sorting to find features fast. We have also improved how the Setup Tasks list displays, and, in the WHMCS 8.5.0 GA 1 release, we added a list of recently-visited features to the sidebar menu.
- Updates to iDeal via Mollie Module: We have updated the iDEAL via Mollie module to use the new Mollie API. Because Mollie has deprecated their prior XML API, in WHMCS 8.4 and earlier this module will cease to function.
- Hook System Improvements: Developers can now specifically exclude hook files from execution by prefixing their filenames with an underscore character (_). The hook system now also explicitly disallows use of the index.php file.
- Custom Actions in Sidebar Menus: In the WHMCS 8.5.0 GA 1 release, custom actions can appear in Client Area sidebar menus in addition to the existing support for Home Page panels. The CustomAction object lets developers define items that can perform actions and then redirect the user to a defined URI.