4 January 2023
webtrees version 2.1.15 is now available.
Upgrading to webtrees 2.1.15
webtrees 2.1.15 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply webtrees updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing webtrees install to test the 2.1.15 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your webtrees installations with Installatron
What's New in webtrees 2.1.15
- The NAME editor is not linked to GIVN and SURN.
- Read-only NAME records are styled as disabled, to encourage users to use GVIN/SURN fields.
- Missing API keys for map-providers now gives a helpful message.
- Editing an empty NAME record will now initialise it from the GIVN/SURN parts.
- Block more bad robots: DataForSeoBot, wp_is_mobile.
- More compatibility updates for SQL-Server.
- Data from edit fields in modal windows are now formatted the same as full-page editors.
- Statistics for common surnames now uses the same logic as the individual list.
- Change family members removes all children.
- Email notifications for new releases of webtrees sent in the wrong language.
- Cannot enter empty row into census-assistant.
- Adding XDEBUG parameters during setup causes the base_url to be wrongly detected.
- Incorrect collation rules for surnames on the individual list.
- Missing totals in tag-cloud lists.
- Expand/collapse edit fields wrongly connected.
- Old entries in wt_names table cause errors in the individual list.
- ‘Ugly’ URLs are redirected to pretty ones, for SEO.
- Dutch historic events.
- Support for GEDCOM7 versions of INDI/FAM:RESI which allow a value.
- The FAQ page now uses the default tree by default.
- Cannot save tree-preferences without contact details.
- Provide select-options for NAME:FONE/ROMN:TYPE.
- HTML error prevents privacy rules from saving.
- Interactive tree not updating in full-screen mode.