6 December 2022
webtrees version 2.1.12 is now available.
Upgrading to webtrees 2.1.12
webtrees 2.1.12 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply webtrees updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing webtrees install to test the 2.1.12 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your webtrees installations with Installatron
What's New in webtrees 2.1.12
Bug Fixes and Changes
- Removes validation of HTTP headers.
- Some web-hosts are adding GEO_IP headers containing placenames with invalid encoding.
Bug Fixes and Changes
- Fixes a compatibility issue with PHP 7.4.
- Blocks two new aggressive crawlers, serpstatbot and linabot.
- Robots that request disabled languages and then visit unauthorized pages cause errors in the logs
- Wrong statistic shown for lastEventPlace
- Wrong date order MDY for en-GB and en-AU.
- Fix validation errors that break various edit pages.
- Fact-level restrictions not matching upper/lower case.
- webtrees will now use the first NAME record for an individual, even it is a married name.
- Block more bad robots and verify others.
- Cannot delete unused locations
- Cannot create/save journal entries
- Cannot replace all data-fixes
- Not all images were shown on the slideshow
- Should not save empty names, containing only “//”
- Error when generating 405 responses for robots
- Add verification for more search robots
- GOV IDs can be 14 characters, not 12
- INDI:_MILI is a fact, not an event
- FAM:NCHI is not valid in GEDCOM 5.5.1, only GEDCOM 7.0
- Wrong sub-tags for ORDN
- Strict-type errors with PHP 8
- Folder names not sorted in auto-complete
- Notes containing links wrongly described as shared notes
- Remove config options for full-sources and level-2 sources - these are now part of the tag configuration
- SOUR:PUBL, SOUR:TITL and SOUR:AUTH should allow multi-line text
- Error when adding new individuals without any facts
- Various compatibility errors with SQL-Server
- Wrong element type for INDI:NAME:ROMN
- INDI:NAME:ROMN and INDI:NAME:FONE not populated from subtags, like INDI:NAME
- Fix inconsistent spacing around footers
- Fix error when failed upload of geographic data
- Wrong order of surnames in surname list
- Re-order children can fail if broken links exist
- Checkboxes initialised in wrong state
- Private shared notes shown on some public pages
- Wrong plural rules for Farsi
- Allow empty slugs in URLs
- Various HTML errors
- Fact delete confirmation dialog malformed
- Deleted research tasks shown on home page
- Add logging of searches
- Add fullscreen mode for maps
- Add fullscreen mode for the interactive tree
- Add edit links for location in place-hierarchy
- Allow notes to be added to research tasks
- 404 image placeholders now include an error message in the headers
- Improve support for _RUFNAME
- Add compatibility with PHP 8.2
- Support more custom tags from Aldfaer, RootsMagic, MyHeritage and ProGen
- Update google-analytics module to support latest version
- Allow note/source/media when creating new individuals
- The statistics charts were removed from the individual/family lists as they use Google charts, and hence Google tracking
- Validate more robots; NeevaBot, IonCrawl and Amazonbot
- Block more bad robots; Amazonbot, SEOkicks, SiteKiosk, netEstate
- Handle LS and PS characters, as created by geni.com