19 May 2021
TinyWebGallery version 2.5 is now available.
Upgrading to TinyWebGallery 2.5
TinyWebGallery 2.5 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply TinyWebGallery updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing TinyWebGallery install to test the 2.5 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your TinyWebGallery installations with Installatron
What's New in TinyWebGallery 2.5
- Compatible with php 8
- Replaced the old projekktor solution with video.js. See: https://videojs.com/
- Removed support for all the old video formats. The only 2 remaining are: mp4 for local videos and iframe for sites like YouTube.
- Some more seo improvemtns. index.php is now also removed a a couple of places (e.g. canonical, main gallery link, bandwidth icon, language selector, up icon)
- Some images have not all required exif fields which could lead to an error. Now this error is catched and the filed is treated as empty.
- Image list size in the jquery slideshow was set wrong. Now this is set properly again.
- Comments cache cleanup was throwing an error.
- Reading not existing folders are not reported in the log file anymore as this was because of cached data.
- Warning with invalid data in readxml fixed.
- private image for secured folders where not shown when SEO is enabled.