Simple Machines Forum 2.1.4
14 June 2023
Simple Machines Forum version 2.1.4 is now available.
Upgrading to Simple Machines Forum 2.1.4
Simple Machines Forum 2.1.4 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Simple Machines Forum updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Simple Machines Forum install to test the 2.1.4 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Simple Machines Forum installations with Installatron
What's New in Simple Machines Forum 2.1.4
- Attachments Upload UI enhancements - The UI used for uploading attachments is now easier to use, and a tad more aesthetic also.
- Cron enhancements - When running cron as a crontab in unix, it will now check for scheduled tasks and possibly flush the mail queue, in addition to acting on background tasks.
- jQuery upgrade - jQuery upgraded to 3.6.3.
- Notifications bug - Fixed a bug where certain notifications were not getting delivered if a user subscribed to both a board and a topic within the board.
- Editor bug - Fixed a bug where the cursor position may behave erratically when mentions exist in WYSIWYG mode.
- Search bug - Fixed a bug caused by some non-backwards compatible behavior in PHP 8.0+ that might result in incomplete results.
- Subscriptions bug - Fixed a bug where subscriptions with multi-byte utf8 characters in the description might cause errors.
- Subscriptions bug - Fixed an undefined constant CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE bug.
- Package Manager bug - Fixed a bug where invalid default value errors were generated.
- Custom Fields Search bug - Fixed a bug which prevented custom field searches from working on the member list under some circumstances.
- Autolinker bug - Fixed a bug where the autolinker might get a match on partial names.
- Upgrader bug - Fixed a bug where certain notification settings were not brought forward properly from 2.0.
- Hooks bugs - Fixed bugs where hooks might not be removed properly when mods were deleted, and also where duplicate hooks might be created upon mod reinstall. Also, enabling & disabling of hooks in the admin console works cleanly now.
- Fixed a bug where admin-only boards might be visible on the board index.
- Fixed a bug where users might get kicked out with erroneous verification question errors.
- Fixed a bug where membergroup adds may not get logged properly.
- Fixed a bug where you may get cache errors in the logs.
- Fixed a bug where long user agents might cause various errors in the SMF error log.
- Fixed a bug where MariaDB users might see a "Subject isn't in GROUP BY" error when removing a topic.
- Fixed a bug where the SSI Recent Topics call did not show the original topic title.
- Numerous minor bug fixes, e.g., to address undefined vars.
- Numerous tweaks to enhance the UI.