23 January 2024
PmWiki version 2.3.30 is now available.
Upgrading to PmWiki 2.3.30
PmWiki 2.3.30 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply PmWiki updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing PmWiki install to test the 2.3.30 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your PmWiki installations with Installatron
What's New in PmWiki 2.3.30
Bug Fixes and Changes
- Dark color theme: The PmWiki-responsive skin has new styles for a user-activated dark/night scheme, with dark backgrounds and light texts. A dark theme can be softer on the eyes if used at night or in dark rooms. An icon to toggle the styles is placed near the search box in the header. It is possible to place toggle icons and/or labels in wiki pages, headers, footers, sidebars, to toggle stylesheets, and all functions can be easily reused in other skins, and with syntax highlighting, see Cookbook:DarkColorScheme.
- PmSyntax: We added styles for the new dark color theme. These may be improved in the future.
- PmWiki logo: A new logo in SVG format was added to pub/skins/pmwiki, and the variable $PageLogoUrl was updated to use the new logo by default. A vector logo can upscale without pixelizing or blurring and looks better on the dark theme. Most wikis have their own logos, this will not change.
- Page history: A significant improvement in the word-diff highlighting precision.
- Uploads: Various fixes for $EnableUploadMimeMatch and Attach: links with escaped filenames.
- Forms: The input field (:input e_author:) is now available to all forms with pre-filled author name and "required" attribute per $EnablePostAuthorRequired. A positional form action URL no longer needs to be quoted.
- Quiet redirects: With the directive (:redirect OtherPage:), the variable $EnableRedirectQuiet can now be set to 2 to make all redirects quiet by default (without quiet=1 argument), unless there is a quiet=0 argument. Quiet redirects will now prevent multiple jumps and infinite loop errors (like normal redirects).
- The release includes a few other minor fixes and the documentation was updated.