24 August 2020
phpList version 3.5.6 is now available.
Upgrading to phpList 3.5.6
phpList 3.5.6 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply phpList updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing phpList install to test the 3.5.6 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your phpList installations with Installatron
What's New in phpList 3.5.6
- A Reply-To header to for your campaigns. This addition makes it possible for you to set an address different from the “From Address” for your subscribers to reply to. The feature is not enabled by default and it is controlled via a Config Setting. Same as with other features handled this way, to enable it, you need to add the specific line from config_extended.php to your config file and set its value to True.
- Enhancements to campaign forwarding. Prior to this change, when using the “Forward” option within phpList, the from address used would be the address of the subscriber forwarding the messages. That has now been updated to use the original from address instead, and that is to avoid delivery problems when using services that require the From address to be verified. Additionally, on the Forward form, the subscriber has to enter their name (mandatory form), which is used for the From and Reply-To addresses, giving more incentive to the recipient to open and read the message, by letting them know that the message is coming from someone they know.
- Changed listing of campaigns in the “Statistics Overview” page to use “Sent Date” as a criterion for ordering.
- Improvements in how the automatic updater handles plugins. This change makes sure that the default suite of plugins included in phpList will also be updated during the automatic update, instead of just being restored from the previous installation version.
- Avoid trying to replace message fields in the URL when using a web page for the content of a campaign. The URL may contain user placeholders and prior to this change, the [ID] placeholder is replaced by the message-id in earlier processing instead of by the user id.
- Additionally, when testing whether the entered URL is valid by fetching it, the URL needs to be encoded when included as a query parameter in a phpList page URL.