29 October 2022
MODx version 3.0.1-pl is now available (major release).
Upgrading to MODx 3.0.1-pl
MODx 3.0.1-pl can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply MODx updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing MODx install to test the 3.0.1-pl upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your MODx installations with Installatron
What's New in MODx 3.0.1-pl
Revolution 3.0 is a significant milestone in the 17+ year history of MODX (yep, we started in 2004). It builds upon the core principles of providing the best foundation to build a website no matter what technology you choose, having only the essential functionality in the core. It’s easy to use and customize as your needs change.
- A Refreshing User Interface Refresh: For users of MODX Revolution 3, what immediately stands out is a new, more welcoming login screen and contemporary, more responsive Manager design that retains all the critical design features and paradigms of the MODX you know.
- Passwordless login. This allows users to log in following single-use, tokenized links sent to your email address. This is extremely simple and handy for those who don’t make or can’t remember strong passwords.
- A new, enhanced Template selector that pops up when creating a new Resource from the Resource Tree, lets you enter the title, content type, parent and template (with image preview) before creating the new Resource for a smoother, simpler user experience with fewer steps or page reloads.
- Visual breadcrumbs in the Manager shows, at a glance, where a Resource is in the Tree, and allows quick navigation to ancestor Resources.
- To improve the signal to noise ratio in the MODX Error Log, deprecation logs have been moved to a separate tab at Manage > Reports > Error log. This makes it much easier to find actual problems in the logs.
- The Manager language is now session-specific. This allows easier multilingual use and enables a user to switch languages, as needed, on the login screen or in the Manager.
- A significant modernization of the much of the Revolution codebase
- Namespaces are now part of the Revo core
- Dependencies are (auto-)loaded through Composer
- We’ve added a dependency injection container, including new standardized HTTP services, with more uses coming in future releases
- xPDO 3 makes it possible for you to use namespaces in your custom models and use new CLI tools for model generation