18 September 2018
Magento version 2.2.6 is now available.
Upgrading to Magento 2.2.6
Magento 2.2.6 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Magento updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Magento install to test the 2.2.6 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Magento installations with Installatron
What's New in Magento 2.2.6
- Substantial improvements to performance
- Improvements to the reliability and ease of the checkout process
- Configurable products are now sorted by visible prices as expected.
- Magento no longer sends duplicate delete requests as a result of an unstable Internet connection.
Magento Cloud highlights
- We’ve added a Docker Compose configuration to the Cloud ece-tools repository for deploying a local development environment.
- Merchants can now change store locales without the exporting and importing configuration process.
- A new workflow lets merchant add a robots.txt file and generate a sitemap.xml file for a single domain configuration without requiring a change to the infrastructure.
- Merchants can now define multiple locales for each theme using the new SCD_MATRIX environment variable, which reduces the amount of theme files to deploy.
- Zero-downtime deployment has been implemented through a “connection holding” capability, which ensures no lost connections or site unavailability, providing smooth shopper experience even during deployments involving database schema changes.
- We’ve fixed an issue that caused downtime between the deploy and post-deploy phase. Now, the post_deploy phase begins immediately after the deploy phase ends.
Amazon Pay highlights
- Implementation of the Magento payment provider gateway, which provides developers a mechanism for integrating stores with payment providers.
- Improved handling of virtual products.
- New entry in the Admin that allows Amazon Pay to be displayed in the list of payment options.
- Combined Synchronous, if possible and Asynchronous settings for authorization mode into one setting. Current settings are now Immediate (previously Synchronous) and Automatic (a combination of the previous Synchronous, if possible and Asynchronous).
- You can now request and capture the consent of customers and guests using dotmailer’s new Consent Insight.
- You can import only those Magento contacts who have opted in (customer subscribers, guest subscribers, and other subscribers).
- A warning alerts you when you are about to sync non-subscribers into a dotmailer account.
- Improvements have been made to the retry process that results after a failed attempt to access EDC.
- The Klarna Payments section now includes a link to Klarna automated onboarding and account sign in.
- If an approved order is later identified as fraudulent, Klarna notifies the merchant and requests that they try to stop the order from being delivered. In addition, Klarna attempts to cancel the order automatically by sending notification to the merchant. See Managing Your Account for more information.
- Shipping and discount order lines have been added to order management calls.
- Klarna now passes shipping details in capture requests.
- The Klarna API now returns the name and logo URL to use for each payment method instead of hard-coding the payment method names into the module.
- For more information on these new features, see Klarna.
Magento Shipping highlights
- Provide Click & Collect as a shipping option to customers, enabling them to directly collect shipments from designated source locations and stores
- Configure source locations available for Click & Collect pick-ups
- Updates to Shipment Form for UPS (US only)
- Specify and modify packages and experiences for orders assigned to a batch
- Book shipments for a batch
- Print all packing slips and printing labels for the batch
- New Shipment Reference field associates bookings between a carrier and a customer
- Magento has removed the Magento Social Facebook integration, and no longer supports the extension.