11 January 2018
Magento version 2.1.11 is now available.
Upgrading to Magento 2.1.11
Magento 2.1.11 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Magento updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Magento install to test the 2.1.11 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Magento installations with Installatron
What's New in Magento 2.1.11
This release includes multiple security enhancements. Although this release includes these enhancements, no confirmed attacks related to these issues have occurred to date. However, certain vulnerabilities can potentially be exploited to access customer information or take over administrator sessions, so we recommend that you upgrade your Magento software to the latest version as soon as possible.
- Significant enhancements for payment methods. We’ve fixed an issue where some Braintree refunds did not work. Braintree online refunds now work when you are using two Braintree accounts on two separate websites.
- Corrected sitemap generation. Magento no longer generates the sitemap in the wrong directory when vhost is connected to /pub. Previously, Magento generated the sitemap in the root folder instead of the pub folder. GitHub-2802
- When a simple child product on a configurable product has a lower price (either regular, or special price) than the other options (variations), the configurable product without any selected options now indicates that the price could be “As low as” = . Previously, if a simple child product has a price that is lower than the other options, and no options on the configurable product have been selected yet, the configurable product will be shown with with the lowest available price.
- You can now add a configurable product to your cart from the Category page. Previously, you had to review the product on the Product page before adding it to your cart.
- Support for the Indian Rupee (INR) in PayPal Express Checkout
- New commands and functionality for the command-line interface. We’ve added interactivity to the admin:user:create command, and added the ability to handle CLI setup interactively (with prompts).
This release also includes dozens of bug fixes plus a substantial number of contributions from the wider Magento community.
- Improvements to how the PayPal Express Checkout payment method processes virtual products.
- Multiple enhancements to product security. See Magento Security Center for more information.
- Forty-four community-submitted bug fixes and multiple pull requests. These pull requests feature improvements in cacheing for configurable products (pull request 9809) and enhancements to the URL rewrite mechanism (pull request 10164).
- Support for management of multiple instances in the same crontab. These two new CLI commands (cron:install and cron:remove) were submitted by community member adrian-martinez-interactiv4.
This release also includes dozens of bug fixes and multiple security fixes.