16 February 2022
Joomla version 4.1.0 is now available (major release).
Upgrading to Joomla 4.1.0
Joomla 4.1.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Joomla updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Joomla install to test the 4.1.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Joomla installations with Installatron
What's New in Joomla 4.1.0
This release sets new standards in accessible web design and brings exciting new features, highlighting Joomla's values of inclusiveness, simplicity and security into an even more powerful open-source web platform.
- Tasks Scheduler: Do you have tasks you do time and time again? Or tasks for the future which you must not forget to do? Now you can automate them with the new Task Scheduler. The new Task Scheduler comes in addition to the existing Workflows Manager and Web Services introduced in Joomla 4.0. This unique combination adds a tremendous potential to Joomla as a Web applications and automation framework.
- Child Templates: With child templates, you can create different instances of a template with one click, changing only the lines of code you need to, it is simple and effective. In the past, personalizing template parts for specific pages involved several technical steps, which are now integrated. At its most basic level, it only contains a single file, templateDetails.xml, as everything else is inherited from the parent. There is no limit on the number of child templates that you can create so each one could have different layouts and styles.
- Accessibility Checker: Jooa11y - The Joomla accessibility and quality assurance tool. Every visitor unable to view your page is potentially a lost customer. Joomla 4's main focus is accessibility, and now we enable authors to create great accessible content with Jooa11y: It visually highlights common accessibility and usability issues. Jooa11y highlights content issues and is integrated into the content authoring experience.
- Syntax Highlighting in the integrated editor: Sometimes the “What you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) is not enough and you have to switch to the HTML code view. Now with Joomla! 4.1 all the code is syntax highlighted in the built-in TinyMCE editor. This will make it so much easier to read all of your HTML tags and CSS classes. Markup is clearly displayed. Additionally, you can search and replace directly in the HTML code view.
- Inline Help: After we cleaned up a lot of redundant descriptions In Joomla 4.0 we now implement the ability to toggle on/off detailed inline help when needed. You can decide if you need support and toggle the extra help on and off. When you are comfortable with how a particular area works, you can turn inline help off and get that minimalist look back.