16 September 2021
Drupal version 8.9.19 is now available (security release).
Upgrading to Drupal 8.9.19
Drupal 8.9.19 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Drupal updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Drupal install to test the 8.9.19 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Drupal installations with Installatron
What's New in Drupal 8.9.19
- Drupal core - Moderately critical - Cross Site Request Forgery - SA-CORE-2021-006 - The Drupal core Media module allows embedding internal and external media in content fields. In certain circumstances, the filter could allow an unprivileged user to inject HTML into a page when it is accessed by a trusted user with permission to embed media. In some cases, this could lead to cross-site scripting.
- Drupal core - Moderately critical - Cross Site Request Forgery - SA-CORE-2021-007 - The QuickEdit module does not properly validate access to routes, which could allow cross-site request forgery under some circumstances and lead to possible data integrity issues. Sites are only affected if the QuickEdit module (which comes with the Standard profile) is installed.
- Drupal core - Moderately critical - Access bypass - SA-CORE-2021-008 - Drupal's JSON:API and REST/File modules allow file uploads through their HTTP APIs. The modules do not correctly run all file validation, which causes an access bypass vulnerability. An attacker might be able to upload files that bypass the file validation process implemented by modules on the site.
- Drupal core - Moderately critical - Access bypass - SA-CORE-2021-009 - The QuickEdit module does not properly check access to fields in some circumstances, which can lead to unintended disclosure of field data. Sites are only affected if the QuickEdit module (which comes with the Standard profile) is installed.
- Drupal core - Moderately critical - Access bypass - SA-CORE-2021-010 - Under some circumstances, the Drupal core JSON:API module does not properly restrict access to certain content, which may result in unintended access bypass. Sites that do not have the JSON:API module enabled are not affected.