19 November 2021
Dotclear version 2.20.1 is now available.
Upgrading to Dotclear 2.20.1
Dotclear 2.20.1 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Dotclear updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Dotclear install to test the 2.20.1 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Dotclear installations with Installatron
What's New in Dotclear 2.20.1
- A small update that fixes three not very serious but potentially annoying bugs in the use of Dotclear.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- A new alternative repository system has been set up for third-party plugins and themes, which can be useful if the DotAddict server is running out of steam, as it did recently (thanks to Noé for getting it up and running again), or if the author does not wish to deposit his work elsewhere than on his own public repository. We detail the procedure to follow below.
- A new IPv6-specific spam filter (which is starting to be deployed quite a bit) is included in parallel with the IPv4-specific filter.
- Users can now enter several additional email addresses and websites in their profile. Indeed, some themes allow the author of a post to be differentiated from other commenters on the basis of those email and web site addresses, which may change over time. This system therefore makes it possible to indicate new addresses without having to modify the metadata of old comments.
- Dotclear's wiki syntax has been extended to allow the easy insertion of HTML block details. A vertical bar at the beginning of the line, followed by the text of the summary is necessary to start this block, followed by the free content of the block, followed by a line with a vertical bar as the first character only ending the whole.