9 February 2021
CakePHP version 4.2.3 is now available.
What's New in CakePHP 4.2.3
- Improve saving of translations when using the shadow table strategy.
- Improved flash message retention. Messages are now merged with the existing messages making it compatible with multiple requests in the same test method.
- Fix Session::read() to return the default value when a session cannot be started.
- Improved API documentation.
- Validation::custom() now accepts integer values.
- The sprintf() translation formatter now works consistently with the intl based implementation when translating plural values. The count parameter is no longer the first placeholder value.
- Mailer\Message now includes the textMessage and htmlMessage in serialized data.
- Arguments for stacktraces are now included by default for development error pages.
- Integration tests now persist flash message more reliably when custom view classes are used, and when redirects are performed.
- Changes made to FixtureManager were reverted fixing problems with fixture schema management and partial data loading.
- API documentation was improved.
- CSRF tokens created by CsrfProtectionMiddleware are now salted to mitigate BREACH vulnerabilities. The tokens are now longer, and are encoded with base64 instead of hexadecimal encoded.