2 July 2019
CakePHP version 3.8.0 is now available.
What's New in CakePHP 3.8.0
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.8.0.
- CollectionTrait now uses the newCollection method to create clones. This allows sub-classes to have collection methods create instances of themselves instead of using Collection.
- Command::executeCommand() was added. This method makes it simple to call another command from the current one.
- Validator::notEmptyString(), notEmptyArray(), notEmptyFile(), notEmptyDate(), notEmptyTime(), and notEmptyDateTime() were added. They act as compliments to the allowEmpty* methods added in 3.7.
- Validation::mimeType() now compares checks mime-types in a case insensitive manner.
- Validation::dateTime() now supports the iso8601 format.
- Radio buttons can now customize the generated label by using the label key inside a complex option definition. This key will be used instead of the label key defined at the top level options.