7 July 2018
WordPress version 4.9.7 is now available.
Upgrading to WordPress 4.9.7
WordPress 4.9.7 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WordPress updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WordPress install to test the 4.9.7 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WordPress installations with Installatron
What's New in WordPress 4.9.7
WordPress 4.9.7 is a security and maintenance release.
- Fixed a security problem where a user with the capability to edit and delete media files could potentially manipulate media metadata to attempt to delete files outside the uploads directory.
- Taxonomy: Improve cache handling for term queries.
- Posts, Post Types: Clear post password cookie when logging out.
- Widgets: Allow basic HTML tags in sidebar descriptions on Widgets admin screen.
- Community Events Dashboard: Always show the nearest WordCamp if one is coming up, even if there are multiple Meetups happening first.