30 November 2017
WordPress version 4.9.1 is now available.
Upgrading to WordPress 4.9.1
WordPress 4.9.1 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WordPress updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WordPress install to test the 4.9.1 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WordPress installations with Installatron
What's New in WordPress 4.9.1
WordPress 4.9.1 is a security and maintenance release for all versions since WordPress 3.7. We strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
- File caching affecting users' ability to use the plugin and theme file editors.
- MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use.
- Incorrect logic in extract_from_markers().
- Unable to translate Codex URL in theme editor.
- Theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows server.
- flatten_dirlist() doesn't play nice with folders with numeric names.
- DB_HOST socket paths with colons not parsed correctly.
- On multisite upgrade the wp_blog_versions table doesn't get updated
- Themes page throws console error when there is only one installed theme.
- lang attribute in the admin area doesn't reflect a user's language setting.
- Issues relating to the caching of theme template files.
- The inability to edit theme and plugin files on Windows based servers.