18 January 2018
WordPress version 4.6.10 is now available.
Upgrading to WordPress 4.6.10
WordPress 4.6.10 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WordPress updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WordPress install to test the 4.6.10 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WordPress installations with Installatron
What's New in WordPress 4.6.10
WordPress 4.7.7 is a security and maintenance releas. We strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
An XSS vulnerability was discovered in the Flash fallback files in MediaElement, a library that is included with WordPress. Because the Flash files are no longer needed for most use cases, they have been removed from WordPress.
- Selecting menu location changes line height
- Features box textstrings in Feature Filter area need new linebreak
- Use MySQLi when available by default
- Editor link autocomplete suggestions: no fallback title displayed for posts with no title
- Update random_compat external library for PHP 7 linting failure
tags creates new <p> tag, breaking the parent tag into two.
- Whitelist Flac Files
- Mark test_remove_orientation_data_on_rotate as skipped when exif_read_data isn't available
- Consistent suppression of `getimagesize()` errors
- Remove unnecessary MediaElement.js files
- Twenty Seventeen -watch that language
- Add plugins search results: the plugin details modal opens in the thickbox modal
- Hard-coded 403 status in REST response should use `rest_authorization_required_code()`
- WP_Term::get_instance() regression for non-category terms queried with 'category' taxonomy
- category_description() does not work properly since 4.9
- get_category_link() accepting object but not id
- Code assumes iframe mode, exception in inline mode
- Improve deletion of $_old_files during upgrades
- Widgets Warning after activating theme and on dashboard widgets page
- Always attempt to restore widgets' previous assignment
- HTML Widget: toggleClass() should be passed true/false as second param