21 June 2016
WordPress version 4.1.12 is now available.
Upgrading to WordPress 4.1.12
WordPress 4.1.12 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply WordPress updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing WordPress install to test the 4.1.12 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your WordPress installations with Installatron
What's New in WordPress 4.1.12
- Redirect bypass in the customizer, reported by Yassine Aboukir.
- Two different XSS problems via attachment names, reported by Jouko Pynnönen and Divyesh Prajapati.
- Revision history information disclosure, reported independently by John Blackbourn from the WordPress security team and by Dan Moen.
- oEmbed denial of service reported by Jennifer Dodd from Automatic.
- Unauthorized category removal from a post, reported by David Herrera from Alley Interactive.
- Password change via stolen cookie, reported by Michael Adams from the WordPress security team.
- Less secure sanitize_file_name edge cases reported by Peter Westwood of the WordPress security team.