Vanilla Forums 2.5.1
17 February 2018
Vanilla Forums version 2.5.1 is now available.
Upgrading to Vanilla Forums 2.5.1
Vanilla Forums 2.5.1 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Vanilla Forums updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Vanilla Forums install to test the 2.5.1 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Vanilla Forums installations with Installatron
What's New in Vanilla Forums 2.5.1
- Fix profile controller permission checks to block user content from guests.
- Fix XSS issue in Flagging addon.
- Add support for 'rel' attribute to YouTube embeds.
- Add profile extender fields into controller data for use by addons.
- Add a note about MySQL strict mode to the README.
- Update the dashboard version check to seek PHP 7.0.
- Fix category permission check when using the comments API endpoint (overly aggressive, not leaking data).
- Fix .htaccess to work correctly with subdirectories.
- Fix broken link text in posts when using "Warn When Leaving" security setting with Wysiwyg formatting.
- Disable FloodControl checks when saving the activity notification queue to fix blocked notifications.
- Fix analytics tick redirecting to sign-in when Private Community is enabled.
- Fix missing Vanilla logo on install screen.
- Dashboard fully redesigned.
- Full, native API support.
- Flat categories - a Vanilla-only innovation.
- Enhanced security features, including a dedicated Dashboard area.
- All-new category management page.
- Full IPv6 support.
- Twitter card support.
- OAuth 2.0 support.
- Apple touch icon support (in core).
- Hundreds of translation improvements.
- Hundreds of bug fixes.
- Tagging core support for developers.
- JSON-based addon definitions that allow priority setting & better dependency controls.
- Better category scaling and advanced developer features.
- Improved logging and debugging features.