5 April 2021
Textpattern version 4.8.5 is now available.
Upgrading to Textpattern 4.8.5
Textpattern 4.8.5 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Textpattern updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Textpattern install to test the 4.8.5 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Textpattern installations with Installatron
What's New in Textpattern 4.8.5
- Maintenance release including improvements for PHP 8.0 and bug fixes.
- Changed: <txp:header /> attributes are unset by default. Ensure any name attributes are set before updating to avoid issues with custom headers.
- Fixed: Database connection issue for new installations on PHP 8.0.
- Fixed: libxml_disable_entity_loader() deprecation warning on PHP 8.0.
- Fixed: Undefined array key/offset warnings on PHP 8.0.
- Fixed: System temp directory notice on PHP 8.0.
User interface & user experience
- Fixed: Custom field ordering on Write panel.
- Fixed: Diagnostics panel strings no longer have ‘Help’ appended, and the textarea is rendered fully in English to aid support requests.
- Fixed: RSS/Atom feeds display correct titles (thanks, jrmartin).
Tags and attributes
- Added: <txp:image_info type="mime" />.
- Added: More aggregators in <txp:article /> fields attribute.
- Added: Global break, replace and trim attributes.
- Added: breakby and breakform attributes for all content types.
- Added: Import attributes in <txp:php /> as PHP variables.
- Added: root attribute of <txp:page_url /> to create relative URLs.
- Changed: <txp:article_custom /> can paginate content using pageby attribute.
- Changed: <txp:images /> outputs full-size images if thumbs don’t exist and <txp:images thumbnail="0" /> displays full-size images as expected.
- Changed: <txp:images> accepts <txp:else />.
- Changed: <txp:variable> default attribute can be used during assignment (thanks, cara-tm).
- Added: Support for WebP image format, on PHP 7.1 or higher.
Language support, translations and internationalisation
- Added: Latest text translations. Thank you to all our translators.
- Added: Support for Fulah language translation.
- Added: Locale for en, and improved locale fallbacks.
- Changed: Better i18n handling for ‘ago’.
- Fixed: Draft/hidden/pending articles output 404 Not Found status as they should.
- Added: SSL version verification on Diagnostics panel during update checks.
- Changed: Expose secondpass Advanced pref for testing.
- Changed: Plugin load warning includes version number.
- Changed: Comments off by default on new installations.
- Changed: If allowed, <txp:php /> is processed in forms even in article body.
- Changed: Copy Editors are allowed to use <txp:php /> (they were able to do it in forms anyway).
- Fixed: Form processing on pretext_end callback.
- Developer: New pre-pretext_end callback.
- Developer: New txp.image>types callback.