20 May 2017
Piwik version 3.0.4 is now available.
Upgrading to Piwik 3.0.4
Piwik 3.0.4 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Piwik updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Piwik install to test the 3.0.4 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Piwik installations with Installatron
What's New in Piwik 3.0.4
This release brings a few major improvements and many small fixes to your Piwik 3. Firstly there are several visual changes: your HTML email reports and your custom alerts emails will now look much more beautiful! Perfect to WOW your customers or simply enjoy your daily or weekly email reports. We’ve also improved the design of other elements such as the Tag Cloud visualisation. And you can now better print your Piwik reports from your browser.
What's New in 3.0.4
- In this release we have focused on fixing a few small issues and making improvements for platform plugins developers.
- 42 tickets have been closed by more than 8 contributors!
New Plugins in 3.0.4
- Heatmaps & Session Recording
- Marketing Campaigns Reporting
What's New in 3.0.3
- Piwik reporting dashboards will now uses less browser memory: several leaks were identified and fixed by a researcher. We're using completely new Flag icons for all countries + cities + regions reports, and visible in the Visitor Log and Visitor Profile: the new flags are less glossy, flatter and easier to scan! Our email reports report graphs library has been changed for bringing better speed, and compatibility with the latest PHP 7.1. And we’ve created a new project for gathering all our icons in one place and make it easier for anyone to contribute: github.com/piwik/piwik-icons.
- Overall, we've fixed many small issues reported by our awesome community to make things a bit better everywhere, including more secure. And we've added new detections for brands, new device models, new referrer spammers and social networks. And Piwik has never been so fast!
- 63 tickets have been closed by more than 16 contributors.
- In this release we have disabled the ability for Super Users to upload and install a custom plugin via the ZIP upload form. This can now be enabled by setting a new config file setting (see the changelog below). We also fixed a couple of medium-impact security issues: an XSS and an open redirect issue have been fixed. Both issues required a user to be properly authenticated in a Piwik instance.