17 October 2018
PHPlist version 3.3.5 is now available.
Upgrading to PHPlist 3.3.5
PHPlist 3.3.5 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply PHPlist updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing PHPlist install to test the 3.3.5 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your PHPlist installations with Installatron
What's New in PHPlist 3.3.5
- Bounces per Campaign: The total number of bounces for each campaign and the full list of addresses that bounced is now accessible via the interface on the Statistics menu. You can export the data using the ‘Download addresses’ button.
- New option to specify the password of a new admin during the account creation process.
- Display the ‘Started sending’ time under ‘Processed’ section on the ‘View a campaign’ page.
- Improvements to the ‘Verify subscribers’ page: all duplicated elements removed for better readability and easier interaction.
- Minor wording, style and formatting improvements on the ‘View bounces per list’, ‘Manage plugins’, and ‘View opens’ pages.
- Prevent subscriber preferences view/update when using only the email address — Thanks to Philip
- Fix trailing spaces added using the [preferencesurl] placeholder which caused user preferences update to fail — Thanks to Philip — see the pull request for both fixes (1&2)
- Fixed click tracking decoding urlencoded characters — Thanks to Duncan, see the pull request
- Added missing file extension on the “Bounces per list” file download
- Fixed code printed to browser on the ‘Create a subscribe page’ page, header section
- Used html entities to escape subject, fromfield, text content and attachment fields on ‘View a campaign’ page for proper rendering and preventing malicious tags
- Use SQL “insert ignore” instead of “replace into” for cases where we want to insert a record that does not exist and make no change if the record does exist. These cases include inserting into the listuser table by the import pages and the copy and move commands on the list membership page — Thanks to Duncan, see the pull request,
- Add a graceful failure when phpList does not have access to random_bytes() function due to PHP version — Thanks to Michael, see the pull request,
- All “Powered by phpList” buttons replaced with new hi-res images, including those in campaigns and public subscribe pages. View the images here.
- New ‘Copy to Draft’ option to duplicate campaigns, as an alternative to editing an existing campaign and converting it back into a draft. This option does not copy attachments – based on the feedback provided that might be added in the future. Thanks to Rolan Yang who reported and implemented the feature – See the pull request;
- New option to choose whether subscribers imported via copy and paste import are automatically marked as confirmed or not (‘confirmed’ remains the default);
- “Reset template” option added to Subscribe page management, providing an easy route to updating subscribe page design to the latest default template (resets the value of the ‘subscription-ui settings’). You can read more about this here .
- Show the lists which a campaign was sent to on the overview of ‘List Campaigns’ page to more easily differentiate between similar campaigns. Thanks to Duncan, for proposing and implementing this feature – See the pull request.
- UI: ‘Campaigns’, ‘Bounces’, ‘Subscription’ tabs have been moved from the ‘User History’ page to the Subscriber Profile page, so that all a subscriber’s information is accessible from one place;
- UI: ‘Add a new subscriber’ option is removed from the ‘Subscribers’ menu;
- UI: ‘Info’ menu removed;
- UI: ‘Configure attributes’ menu link is moved from the ‘Config’ menu to the ‘Subscribers’ menu, as it is closely related to subscriber management.
- Pages: ‘Subscription already confirmed’ page now displays the lists the subscriber is a member of;
- Pages: ‘Update preferences’ link is no longer displayed to subscribers who’re already blacklisted;
- Pages: The order of tabs on ‘Add new subscribe page’ is changed to put most used tabs first;
- Pages: On ‘Add new Subscribe page’ page, text/html preference is no longer offered to subscribers by default.
- ‘Back to top’ button for easier navigation on long pages;
- Removed ‘Change admin password’ from Checklist page;
- Numerous improvements to table column titles, labels and number formatting.
- Segmentation plugin dependency problem with PHP 5.4;
- Organisation logo editing and removal;
- Removal of test campaign when clicks have already been recorded;
- Campaign click statistics download, missing file extension;
- Failed login with very short usernames giving “Please Enter Credentials” message;
- Test message opens counted as campaign views when ‘reset click statistics’ is checked;
- Missing space after URL placeholders – to avoid invalid user id / malformed URLs;
- List of available lists right-aligned on public pages;
- Encode text message in editor;
- Outdated default attribute values for ‘Countries of the world’;
- Database error when you load a default attribute more than once;
- phplist_user_user table not updated correctly when blacklisted removed subscriber is re-imported;
- Alert message strings in index.php and strCheckbox text do not support translation;
- Subject/title issue on statistics page and dashboard — only using the meta title and not the subject;
- ‘Send test’ from templates page available only for ‘System Templates’;
- Error with email content when processing bounces — change bounce data field datatype from blob to mediumblob;
- Escaped apostrophe visible in subscription page’s title.
- Create hash columns and unique indexes — see pull request;
- “Fatal error: Your version is older than 3.2.0” when upgrading from a dev version;
- Add check to prevent enabling a plugin that does not meet its dependencies — thanks Duncan, see the pull request;
- Added compatibility for PHP 7.2 and higher;
- Escape campaign content and attachment fields using htmlentities on Campaign Composer page;
- Migrate from Mince to Grunt to minify css and js files on Dressprow theme — see usage documentation;
- Corrupted value on Subscribe page text attribute.