31 March 2018
Omeka version 2.6 is now available.
Upgrading to Omeka 2.6
Omeka 2.6 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Omeka updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Omeka install to test the 2.6 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Omeka installations with Installatron
What's New in Omeka 2.6
This major new Omeka release in these two important changes:
reCAPTCHA v2 support
- Google is shutting down the original reCAPTCHA API that Omeka has used, so we're transitioning to the newer, supported "v2" API. This also transitions to the newer "I'm not a robot" checkbox interface.
- Users with old reCAPTCHA keys may need to create new ones. You can create a new key at https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin
- This update brings a new, more modern interface for HTML editors in Omeka, as well as a supported codebase which should lead to improved compatibility with modern browsers now and going forward.
- Note: internal code and filenames have changed in this version of TinyMCE, so all plugins using HTML editors must be updated. Updated versions of ExhibitBuilder and SimplePages are bundled with the release, but others must be updated, including Commenting, Contribution, Posters, SimpleContactForm, and UserProfiles.
- PHP 7.2 support
- Message linking to items with no item type (#760, contributed by @Daniel-KM)
- Allow multiple item types or collections to be specified for item search (#760, contributed by @Daniel-KM)
- Updated tags admin, improving search, pagination and sorting (#784, #787, contributed by @luku)
- Cachebusting for assets (#790, contributed by @luku)
- UTF-8 support for snippet (depends on mbstring extension) (#806, contributed by @luku)
- Improved messaging about data deletion when uninstalling plugins (#824)
- Admin can choose whether file thumbnails should link to the original file or the file's show page (#759)
- Clarified default collection show markup and text for listing and linking to items in the collection
- Updated translations for Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Estonian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Occitan, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Omeka now uses relative URLs for local assets.
- Auto-orientation now enabled by default for thumbnail creation (#777)
- omeka-json output format removed
- The same content is available as the omeka-xml output format, and the API provides a more useful and less verbose JSON format
- Updated links to point to new omeka.org structure
- Updated Font Awesome to 4.7.0 (#800, contributed by @luku)
- Fixed bad docblock on random_featured_items (#828, contributed by @apjmason)
- Removed some outdated and broken "related" properties from Item and Collection records (#809, contributed by @luku)
- Added pagination when necessary to item types page (#823, contributed by @luku)
- Fixed browse_default_sort filter for collections/browse
- Fixed style/clearing issue in Firefox on link from forgot password page (#829)
- API now correctly retrieves site version from in-code constant, not database