16 May 2019
MODx version 2.7.1-pl is now available.
Upgrading to MODx 2.7.1-pl
MODx 2.7.1-pl can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply MODx updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing MODx install to test the 2.7.1-pl upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your MODx installations with Installatron
What's New in MODx 2.7.1-pl
- If a validation error occurs when saving an element, it now switches to the tab relevant to the issue.
- Introduced an option to prevent removal of static files if automated static files are turned off.
- The display of information about missing dependencies when you install a package/extra is improved.
- A number of XSS (cross-site scripting) issues that require authenticated manager sessions were addressed in the manager.
- Fix ctl/cmd+click behavior to open URL in new window/tab
- Show all resources to purge in the trash manager and change tree options for deleted resources
- Handle deprecated warnings for sendRedirect in modX class instead of modResponse
- Updated phpThumb to version 1.7.15-201902101903 which has basic support for WebP
- Fixed CVE-2018-17556
- Fixes bunch of various XSS issues in the manager
- Fix issue with resource list preventing parents from working correctly
- Fixed issues with tab width and very long strings in the vertical tabs
- Refactored tag input renderer to fix rendering with empty options list
- Fix duplicating static templates, snippets etc. with an empty category
- Don't include the resource ID in real time aliases
- Move resource_uri and resource_uri_overide to page-settings-right-box-left region
- Fix position slide-in/slide-out button of Resource tree
- Fix context menu position on user page "Access Permissions" tab
- Fixed bug with unexpected incremented TV ranks in Form Customization
- Improve description of the system setting user_settings_desc to clarify meaning
- Improved display of information about (missing) dependencies when you install a package/extra
- Fix an issue where old static files where removed even if the automate static files system setting was turned off for that element type
- Nested categories display their name instead of their id
- Fixed case when empty date TVs can be saved even if "allow blank" is set to false
- Fix empty Constraint column in Form Customization if constraint value is zero
- Don't remove the trailing slash when redirecting to the manager after logging in
- Added explanatory text with MODX tag to the description of the System Settings, Context Settings and Lexicon Management sections
- Bugfix for transport resolution, if the package is not found on the current provider
- When deleting an element in the tree, the confirmation window will show the translated element type name
- Fix edit empty files from tree
- Enhanced the error message of a wrong MODX_CORE_PATH
- Fix checkDownloadedDependencies query to make package dependencies work properly
- Don't remove static files if automated static files are turned off
- Switch to the tab where the validation error occurs when saving an element
- Make working Preview menu option in the recent edited resources widget
- Apply Form Customization rules for TV's when a wildcard action is used
- Add a Unit Test for testing the build process
- Don't force the manager date time format for the date of birth field
- Prevent symlinks and weblink to target itself
- Checkbox Use current alias in alias path in the Form Customization sets
- Use the right table name when fetching the MODX package providers
- Fixed position of context menu in the media browser
- Fix "undefined" text in Trash manager button tooltip.
- Fix a broken top-menu
- Fix the missing description for the system setting "Automatic Template Assignment"
- Update config.js.php processor to be class based
- Make the flat file processor deprecated message more useful
- Fix missing styles on resource data heading
- Remove unnecessary h2 on resource update heading
- Use proper element icons in elements tree
- Fix incorrect margin on the uberbar submit button
- Fix error message overflowing on TVs