17 January 2019
MediaWiki version 1.32.0 is now available.
Upgrading to MediaWiki 1.32.0
MediaWiki 1.32.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply MediaWiki updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing MediaWiki install to test the 1.32.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your MediaWiki installations with Installatron
What's New in MediaWiki 1.32.0
Note that due to changes to some very large tables like the revision table, the schema update may take quite long (minutes on a medium sized site, many hours on a large site).
- Fix slow queries in migrateActors.php.
- Fix $magicWords for the Sanskrit language.
- Fix addition of ug_expiry column to user_groups table on MSSQL.
- Fix the cache timestamp for forced updates.
- User: Bypass repeatable-read when creating an actor_id.
- Extensions can now specify PHP versions and PHP extensions they depend on.
- Updated wikimedia/ip-set from v1.2.0 to v1.3.0.
- When using action=delete on pages with many revisions, the module may return a boolean-true 'scheduled' and no 'logid'. This signifies that the deletion will be processed via the job queue.
- Dropped columns category.cat_hidden, site_stats.ss_admins, and recentchanges.rc_cur_time from the PostgreSQL schema.
- Prevent populateSearchIndex.php from breaking once actor migration has been started.
- Properly set $wgLanguageCode in the generated LocalSettings.php if --lang is used with the command-line installer (install.php).
- Multiple changes to configuration and API