19 September 2018
Matomo version 3.6.0 is now available.
Upgrading to Matomo 3.6.0
Matomo 3.6.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Matomo updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Matomo install to test the 3.6.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Matomo installations with Installatron
What's New in Matomo 3.6.0
This release is rated critical and it is highly recommend to upgrade to Matomo 3.6.0 as soon as possible.
- Matomo authentication security was reviewed and improved in this release
- Changed some menu items to use translation keys instead (see [PR #12885](https://github.com/matomo-org/matomo/pull/12885)).
- The methods `assertResponseCode()` and `assertHttpResponseText()` in `Piwik\Tests\Framework\TestCase\SystemTestCase` have been deprecated and will be removed in Matomo 4.0. Please use `Piwik\Http` instead.
- The classes `PHPUnit\Framework\Constraint\HttpResponseText` and `PHPUnit\Framework\Constraint\ResponseCode` have been deprecated and will be removed in Matomo 4.0. Please use `Piwik\Http` instead.
- Creating links through the Proxy has been deprecated. Use rel="nofollow" instead.
- The console option `--piwik-domain` has been deprecated and will be removed in Matomo 4.0. Use `--matomo-domain` instead
- Social networks are now detected as new referrer type (ID=7), which allows improved reports and better segmentation
- New settings form field UI component "Field Array" that lets users enter multiple values for one setting as a flat array
- Users management re-designed
- New ‘write’ permission and ‘admin’ can now create users
- Improvements in reporting and dashboards
- Administration and security improvements
- New Tag Manager product now available for free in Matomo!
- Tag Manager
- Js Tracker Custom
- Group Permissions
- Device Pixel Ratio
- Device Network Information