29 March 2018
Matomo version 3.4.0 is now available.
Upgrading to Matomo 3.4.0
Matomo 3.4.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Matomo updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Matomo install to test the 3.4.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Matomo installations with Installatron
What's New in Matomo 3.4.0
A new release of Matomo Analytics bringing more than 130 changes including new features, many small improvements and a few bug fixes.
- `piwik` font is deprecated and will be removed in Matomo 4.0. Please use new `matomo` font instead
- A new event `Actions.addActionTypes` has been added, to allow plugins to add their custom action types.
- Dashboard API has been extended by the methods `copyDashboardToUser`, `createNewDashboardForUser`, `removeDashboard` and `resetDashboardLayout`
- It is also now possible to delete the first dashboard for a user for automation purposes. Doing so and not adding a new first dashboard might result in buggy UX.
- `getDashboards` API method has been extended by additional parameters to fetch dashboards for specific user
- A new event `API.Request.intercept` has been added which allows plugins to intercept API requests to perform custom logic, overriding the original API method.
- A new event `Request.shouldDisablePostProcessing` has been added which allows plugins to disable DataTable post processing for individual API requests.
- A new event `SitesManager.shouldPerformEmptySiteCheck` has been added to allow plugins to disable the empty site check for individual sites.