19 February 2018
Matomo version 3.3.0 is now available.
Upgrading to Matomo 3.3.0
Matomo 3.3.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Matomo updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Matomo install to test the 3.3.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Matomo installations with Installatron
What's New in Matomo 3.3.0
Matomo (was Piwik) 3.3.0 is the first public release since the announcement of the name change.
- “Matomo” now replaces the name “Piwik” almost everywhere in the application.
- New HTTP API `API.getMatomoVersion` was introduced. The previous HTTP API `API.getPiwikVersion` will still work but will now be hidden from the API reference page.
Bug Fixes - Core
- Piwik is now Matomo
- All Websites view does not truncate website title when title is very long
- API: when an invalid format is specified, keep the error message shorter
- Multi-Channel attribution modelling
- Hide duplicate actions in visitor log by default
- Consider matomo-org as official github owner
- Fixes memory leak in piwikApiService.
- Piwik 3.2.1 Right Sidebar Menu issue
- in the console command diagnostics:run, display a success message when all checks are green
- Email server settings: disable fields auto completion
- use SPDX license specifier for plugins
- visitor log: grouping hides information
- Updated 1069 strings in 13 languages (fi, cs, fr, ru, sq, tr, ro, de, ja, zh-tw, sv, el, pl)
- Upgrade to latest Travis CI infrastructure
- Ability to customise the piwik/tmp directory path in config/config.ini.php file
- Usort Warning ReportsProvider.php line 166
- Extends TestRunner options for Travis trusty distribution selection
- Adds segment for device model
- Adds segmented visitor log for provider report
- Release Piwik 3.2.1
- Respect maintenance mode when archiving
- When general settings admin is disabled, do not show archive settings
- Integrity check in Piwik-3.2.1 shows essential core directories/files as ‘deletable’…
- Improves truncate twig filter
- Log Analytics: use latest submodule
- JS Tracker: make setSecureCookie work
- Show trace in log message only if enabled.
- Files integrity system check messages
- Truncate multisites label if too long
- Prevent fatal error message when accessing visitor log without access
- Prevent possible error languageTranslateWithCode is not defined
- UI test improvements
- Fix theme color regression
- Delete PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE
- Further Piwik.org => Matomo.org replacements
- Update default DB table prefix
- Show Matomo instead of Piwik in the user interface in more places
- Mention name change in the developer changelog
- Matomo 3.3.0-b2
- Show the ‘Piwik is Matomo’ banner after the successful upgade
Bug Fixes - Log Analytics
- Log Analytics: Track the HTTP request method used for each request (GET or POST)
- Piwik & self signed certificates : urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed. Add new –accept-invalid-ssl-certificate
- Adds option to enable tracking of HTTP-method as page custom variable
- Abort with warning when using Python 3
- Invalid log lines with common_complete log format
- Only issue an invalid line status, when the line was really invalid and skipped
- Add –accept-invalid-ssl-certificate option.
- Make code compatible with Python <=2.7.8.
- Run _get_token_auth after config object is initialized.
Bug Fixes - Device Detector
- android Edge browser on Windows Phone 10
- New bots (MetaInspector) and java
Bug Fixes - Referrer Spam Blacklist
- Add seocheckupx.net
- Add stocktwists.com
- Themes can now customize the header text color using `@theme-color-header-text`
- New event `Widgetize.shouldEmbedIframeEmpty` added so plugins can optionally define the output of the widgetized HTML themselves
- New events added to add and filter visitor details: `Live.addProfileSummaries` and `Live.filterProfileSummaries`