29 December 2018
Magento version 2.3.0 is now available.
Upgrading to Magento 2.3.0
Magento 2.3.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Magento updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Magento install to test the 2.3.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Magento installations with Installatron
What's New in Magento 2.3.0
Magento Open Source 2.3.0 is a new major release, including a wealth of new features as well as hundreds of enhancements and fixes to the core product.
- After installing a module and running 'setup:upgrade', you must run 'cache:clean config'.
- When installing or upgrading Magento and upgrading PHP to 7.2, you must specify an encryption key value of 32 symbols (256 bits) or Magento will throw an error, and any sensitive, unsaved configuration data will be lost. When upgrading Magento and upgrading PHP to 7.2, make sure that your encryption key is exactly 32 symbols. To do this, navigate to 'System > Other Settings ** > **Manage Encryption Key' and either enter a new key or generate a new one. To change the key, make sure that 'app/etc/env.php' is writable.
- Magento throws the following error when you try to use the API to create two products with the same name without specifying the URL key: 'URL key for specified store already exists'. However, when you try to create these products through the Admin, Magento does not throw an error, but instead appends a number to the converted URL key if two products have the same name.
- For Inventory Management, ElasticSearch is supported only in Single Source mode for the Default Source. It is not supported in Multi Source mode with custom sources.
- For Inventory Management, Single Source merchants may experience performance degradation with all products assigned to the Default Source and Default Stock. As a workaround for best performance, we recommend creating and assigning all products to one custom source and stock. This will affect bundled products support. To continue with bundled products, continue using Default Source and Stock in Single Source mode. We plan to have a resolution and bundled product multi-sourcing support in a later release. This does not affect Multi Source merchants.
- The 'bin/magento setup:install — convert-old-scripts' command, which is used to create declarative schema files, has the following limitations. These limitations will be addressed in a future release: 1/ Only tables and columns are currently supported. 2/ Renaming of tables is not supported.
- More than 30 security fixes to core Magento code
- Cache flush ACL provides granular access to cache management settings to prevent accidental changes that could potentially affect system performance
- 2FA/CAPTCHA protects the Admin panel against stolen passwords and affects stores against bots
- Merchant tool: Inventory Management now available
- Improved developer experience: PWA Studio
- Improved developer experience: Declarative schema now available
- Improved developer experience: GraphQL API now available
- Improved developer experience: Asynchronous Web APIs
- Improved developer experience: Bulk Web APIs
- Improved developer experience: Updates to Magento’s tech stack
- Core extensions: Amazon Payments
- Core extensions: dotmailer
- Core extensions: Klarna
- Core extensions: Magento Shipping
- Core extensions: Vertex
- Elasticsearch support for Magento Open Source version
- Improvements to release packaging
- Upgrade of Magento Functional Test Framework
- web server configuration
- cart and checkout
- Cart Price rules
- Catalog Rules
- code cleanup and refactoring
- Configurable products
- Customers and Customer attributes
- Frameworks: Application framework
- Frameworks: Configuration framework
- Frameworks: Database framework
- Frameworks: Session framework
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Import/export* many changes to 11
- Klarna Payments
- Page cache
- Payment methods
- Product video
- Sample data
- Translation and locales
- URL rewrites
- Visual Merchandiser
- Web API