11 February 2018
Magento version 2.2.2 is now available.
Upgrading to Magento 2.2.2
Magento 2.2.2 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Magento updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Magento install to test the 2.2.2 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Magento installations with Installatron
What's New in Magento 2.2.2
- Significant new features that streamline the customer experience and provide merchants with greater insight into their online business.
- Numerous fixes and enhancements to core features, including significant improvements to the payment process.
- Over one hundred community-submitted bug fixes and multiple pull requests.
- Advanced Reporting powered by Magento Business Intelligence. Access easy-to-use order, product, and customer reports right from the Magento Admin to gain new insights and enable data-driven decision making.
- Magento Shipping (powered by Temando). This new feature provides integrated advanced multi-carrier shipping and fulfillment.
- Streamlined Instant Purchase checkout (contributed by Creatuity). Our new streamlined Instant Purchase option uses previously stored payment credentials and shipping information to bypass steps in the checkout process.
- Integrated dotmailer marketing automation software. Magento is one of the first ecommerce solutions to include the dotmailer marketing automation with their core product.
- Magento Functional Testing Framework. The Magento Functional Testing Framework (MTFT) is our open-source, cross-platform testing solution. Its purpose is to facilitate functional testing and minimize efforts to perform regression testing.
- Significant enhancements for payment methods. We’ve added support for the Indian Rupee (INR) to PayPal Express Checkout. We’ve also added a fix for an issue where some Braintree refunds did not work.
- Improvements to multi-storeview sites. Switching store views multiple times no longer results in an error on the storefront.
- New functionality for the command-line interface. We’ve added interactivity to the admin:user:create command and added the ability to handle CLI setup interactively (with prompts).
- You can now use the Enter key (in addition to a mouse click) to search tables in the Admin.
- Magento no longer creates duplicate shipments when merchants create shipments with bundled products via API.
This release also includes dozens of bug fixes plus a substantial number of contributions from the wider Magento community.