7 November 2017
Magento version 2.2.1 is now available.
Upgrading to Magento 2.2.1
Magento 2.2.1 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Magento updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Magento install to test the 2.2.1 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Magento installations with Installatron
What's New in Magento 2.2.1
These releases contain almost 15 security changes that help close cross-site request forgery (CSRF), unauthorized data leak, and authenticated Admin user remote code execution vulnerabilities. They also contain over 40 functional enhancements, including significant contributions from community members.
- Integrated Signifyd Fraud Protection is now available in Magento Open Source. See Signifyd fraud protection for more information.
- Improvements to how the PayPal Express Checkout payment method processes virtual products.
- Multiple enhancements to product security. See Magento Security Center for more information.
- Twenty-two community-submitted bug fixes and multiple pull requests.
- Magento 2.2.1 includes multiple security enhancements. Although this release includes these enhancements, no confirmed attacks related to these issues have occurred to date. However, certain vulnerabilities can potentially be exploited to access customer information or take over administrator sessions, so we recommend that you upgrade your Magento software to the latest version as soon as possible.