13 March 2018
Joomla version 3.8.6 is now available.
Upgrading to Joomla 3.8.6
Joomla 3.8.6 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Joomla updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Joomla install to test the 3.8.6 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Joomla installations with Installatron
What's New in Joomla 3.8.6
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5) - The lack of type casting of a variable in SQL statement leads to a SQL injection vulnerability in the User Notes list view.
- Various session management improvements #19548, #19687
- Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published #19551
- Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags #19284
- [com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article #16958
- Pass the configuration tmp_path to the archive package for extension installations #19608
- Hide global configuration and system information from non super users #19697
- Language overrides do not find plugin language files when files are in the plugin language folder #19740
- reCAPTCHA V1 - Discontinued #19648
- Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed #17827
- PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes