3 September 2018
Joomla version 3.8.12 is now available.
Upgrading to Joomla 3.8.12
Joomla 3.8.12 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Joomla updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Joomla install to test the 3.8.12 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Joomla installations with Installatron
What's New in Joomla 3.8.12
- Low Priority - Core - Hardening the InputFilter for phar stubs (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.11) - Inadequate checks in the InputFilter class could allow specifically prepared PHAR files to pass the upload filter.
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS vulnerability in the frontend profile (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.11) - Inadequate output filtering on the user profile page could lead to a stored XSS attack.
- Low Priority - Core - ACL Violation in custom fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.11) - Inadequate checks regarding disabled fields can lead to an ACL violation.
Bug fixes and Improvements
- mod_articles_latest and mod_articles_news: fix to show featured articles #21336
- Tags in com_content: fix to display tags when other item info are set to hidden #21275
- com_tags: All Tags default layout #21031
- Allows filtering by the archived state in the redirect component #21673