10 April 2020
FrontAccounting version 2.4.8 is now available.
Upgrading to FrontAccounting 2.4.8
FrontAccounting 2.4.8 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply FrontAccounting updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing FrontAccounting install to test the 2.4.8 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your FrontAccounting installations with Installatron
What's New in FrontAccounting 2.4.8
- Bug 4980: The field characters size of "Memo" in voiding a transaction doesn't correspond to the field size in the database. Fixed by cutting the text to 60 characters in audit_trail.
- Bug 4987: In rtl languages, text aligned centered is printed aligned right in PDF documents. Fixed.
- Voided Documents Still Exist In Drop-down when printing. Fixed.
- Bug 5009: Page # on invoices counts up across invoices. Fixed for all documents.
- Count error when printing to Excel. Fixed.
- Formatting error in dashboard.inc fixed.
- Bug 4988: Auto Increase of Document References can't be disabled. Fixed.
- Uninitialized string offset in main.inc Fixed for php >= 7.0.
- Improved F2, F3 and F4 keys (Customers/Suppliers, Customer Branches and Inventory & Items) in Sales/Purchases forms.
- Added missing new install translation files, nb_NO and nl_NL.
- Backup and Restore: Added support for views
- Updated standard COAs (moved dates forwards).
- Credit Note Modification: fixed check whether transaction is editable.
- Limit editable stock items list in Sales Order, Credit Notes to 50 chars.
- Paged transaction inquiries optimized for maximum links in Sales and Purchasing.
- Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes: fully allocated payments with discount where still displayed even with settled option off, fixed.
- Report Sales Listing: fixed duplicate lines in report .
- Fixed misleading database error message in sales_order_db.inc.
- Added new attachment types for customer specific documents.
- Bug 5013: Zero invoices create zero payments and cause db error upon view payment. Fixed.
- Misspelled parameter in rep115.php, Customer Trial Balance. Fixed.
- Recurring invoices - improved period covered description.
- Customer Payment Entry - Scrolling behaviour when clicking All or None. Fixed.
- Sales Order Inquiry Sort Descending, Fixed.
- Bug 4904: Customer Credit Note: fixed invalid inventory GL postings for service items.
- Purchase Order View: fixed dates, added overdue delivery marker.
- Code cleanup in supplier_invoice.php and supplier_credit.php.
- Supplier Invoice: on form opening currency was not displayed for foreign supplier.
- Bug 4946: Inserting a supplier without the short name resets the whole form. Fixed.
- Bug 4944: The field characters size of Supplier's Reference is too short. Fixed.
- Supplier Invoice: Wrong alignment in 2 first columns when selecting items to invoice. Fixed.
- Paged transaction inquiries optimized for maximum links to Sales and Purchasing.
- Bug 4950: Field for supplier name is too short in the supplier form. Increased from 40 chars to maximum 60 chars in the Suppliers form.
- Added new attachment types for supplier specific documents.
- Tax rate displayed twice in rep209 (Purchase orders). Fixed.
Items and Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment: fixed error in adjustment entry when inventory notifications are switched on.
- Inventory Adjustment: negative adjustment should always use current average item cost.
- Bug 4920: Search icon in 'items table' wraps underneath select combo when screen width reduced. Fixed.
- Inventory Item Movements: Purchase Order Delivery and Credit Note has in reference column trans_no or Return memo presented instead of reference. Fixed.
- Inventory location transfer from sales kit did not work. Fixed.
- Clone Manufactured Item -> Clone BOM.
- Fixed Assets Depreciation: removed invalid and obsolete audit record update.
Bank and General Ledger
- Audit Trail: regression in audit history (after sql strict mode related changes) fixed.
- Strict SQL related error when background journal transaction was saved. Fixed.
- Journal Inquiry Dates should follow the User Preference Transaction Days. Fixed.
- Show more relevant info in CounterPart Field, Journal Inquiry.
- Bug 5002: Journal Inquiry: incorrect amounts displayed for journal entries with more than one customer/supplier accounts, fixed.
- Bank statement report with 'All' Selection of Bank Accounts fixed.
- Amendment Required in rep601.php (Bank Statements) for voided transactions. Fixed.