3 May 2019
Drupal version 8.7.0 is now available.
Upgrading to Drupal 8.7.0
Drupal 8.7.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Drupal updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Drupal install to test the 8.7.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Drupal installations with Installatron
What's New in Drupal 8.7.0
This minor release provides new improvements and functionality without breaking backward compatibility (BC) for public APIs.
- Layout Builder: Layout Builder allows content editors and site builders to easily and quickly create visual layouts for displaying content. Users can customize how content is arranged on a single page, or across types of content, with an easy to use drag-and-drop interface.
- JSON:API: JSON:API is now included in core. Contributed modules that depend on the contrib JSON:API project should remove this dependency now that the module is in core.
Important bug fixes
- The Entity system now provides an API for retrieving an entity variant that is safe for editing and previewing in editorial workflows, depending on the specified context, by default the current context.
- #2942675: Layout builder should use the active variant of an entity to avoid orphaned revisions
- #2990517: Adding a display mode to a content type using layout, and disabling layout on that new display mode removes the layout_builder__layout field and breaks layout in already configured display modes.
- #3033686: Saving Layout override will revert other field values to their values when the Layout was started.
- #3037823: The system.theme.data key remains corrupted in state causing performance issues and is not used in >= 8.7
- #3042993: Translatable and revisonable installed entity type definitions are missing the 'revision_translation_affected' entity key
- #2554235: Make the content entity storage and entity query use the last installed definitions instead of the ones living in code
- #2891754: [regression] UserMailRequiredValidator fails on new user entities
- #2787185: track_changes does not work when the map is joinable
- #3033653: InvalidArgumentException when adding reference field without Media type
- #3051826: 8.7.0-rc1 database updates fail on media_library configuration dependencies due to missing form and view modes