18 March 2018
Drupal version 8.5.0 is now available.
Upgrading to Drupal 8.5.0
Drupal 8.5.0 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Drupal updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Drupal install to test the 8.5.0 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Drupal installations with Installatron
What's New in Drupal 8.5.0
- PHP 7.2 is now supported.
- Media in core improved and available to all site builders.
- Settings Tray and Content Moderation now stable.
- New experimental Layout Builder module.
- Big steps for migrations.
- BigPipe by default.
- Groundwork for a Drupal 8 "Out of the Box" demo.
- Drupal will no longer support PHP 5.5 and 5.6 as of March 7 2019, one year from now.
- Symphony has been updated to version 3.4.5.
- Validation has been added to custom modules that deal with pending revisions or loading revisions.
- Viewing public files now requires 'access content' permission.
- There are significant changes to PHPUnity integration.
- Multi-value fields in views now use correct field names.
- There are changes to EntityListBuilder and ConfigEntityListBuilder.
- Following a number of critical bugfixes, Drupal 8.5.0 will be the first core release to fully support PHP 7.2. Please report any issues you encounter with PHP 7.2 in the issue queue.
- When Drupal-to-Drupal migrations are run through the user interface, the site owner will now be warned if the migration might overwrite existing data. However, a similar fix is not yet available for Migrate Drush, so site owners running migrations on the command line should take care to ensure data is not overwritten.
- In earlier releases, the route cache on multilingual sites could sometimes become corrupted, leading to "page not found" errors for vaild pages. This is now resolved.
- When editing a view, cloning a display could cause the original display to be deleted. This is now resolved.
- This release resolves #2885469: Regression: manually setting the ID field for newly-created content entities is not possible anymore (public follow-up to SA-2017-002), a regression introduced in Drupal 8.4.4, as well as #2939885: UX regression (again): Prevent links in node preview from being clicked which was introduced in Drupal 8.4.0.
- (And hundreds more documented in the release notes.)