31 August 2018
b2evolution version 6.10.2 is now available.
Upgrading to b2evolution 6.10.2
b2evolution 6.10.2 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply b2evolution updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing b2evolution install to test the 6.10.2 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your b2evolution installations with Installatron
What's New in b2evolution 6.10.2
- b2evo can now send notifications to users if they are mentioned through @username in a comment or a post
- Links to remind people to log in instead of posting anonymously
- New UI for quick moderation
- UI improvements for using the back-office on a mobile phone
- Additional UI Improvements
- Bug fixes
- Removed legacy code for supporting old PHP versions (<5.4)
- Minimum required PHP version: 5.4
- Optimized sending of emails by SMTP by opening a single connection to the server when multiple emails need to be sent in a row.
- Better detection of timeouts in scheduled jobs and added back-office settings for several jobs.
- Better handling of widgets dependent on missing plugins.
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes
- Privacy: The help page now includes a content block that can summarize key privacy operations likes how to review, change or delete account info.
- Privacy: More aggressive pruning of old session data.
- Privacy: Notification after one year of account inactivity.
- Privacy: Notification emails that used to include an IP address now include a session ID.
- Registration: Added content block allowing to explain how personal data will be used.
- Registration: Complete client side validation of registration form to avoid user frustration.
- Registration: Visitors who comment can now check a box in the Comment Form to get notifications if someone else replies (comments on the same post)
- Registration: Each notification email includes a quick unsubscribe link.
- Registration: logged-in users can also check a box, which produced the same effect as subscribing to comments of a specific post.
- Emailing: Enhanced management screens of Email Lists.
- Emailing: Additional possible filters on the User List.
- Enhanced polls: allow multiple answers, see answers from users...
- UI improvements: Enhanced UI for Post Status Form
- UI improvements: Optimizations for small screens
- Email: Multiple Email Lists / multiple newsletters support
- Email: Enhanced email capture / quick subscription widget
- Email: Enhanced newsletter subscription widget
- Email: [subscribe:...] and [emailcapture:...] short tags to promote email lists/newsletters and get users to subscribe
- Email: New variables to use in email campaigns.
- Email: Users can be tagged with User tags when subscribed through various places as well as when opening emails they receive
- Email: Improved filtering for sending email campaigns to subsets (including tag filtering)
- Email: Track email opens (image loads and link clicks) for all emails (transactional and email campaigns)
- Email: Email stats graph
- Email: Plugin to include buttons into emails
- Email: Better handling of images in emails
- Email: Improved scheduled task to send email campaigns with better error logging.
- Email: Enhanced quick unsubscribe screens + option to resubscribe in case of erroneous click.
- Automation: User can enter multi-step automations.
- Automation: Each step can do an action like test a set of conditions, send an email campaign, start another automation, unsubscribe the user, notify the admin, set/unset user tags, etc.
- Automation: One automation can be tied to multiple email lists. Unsubscribing from one list will stop the automation for that user (configurable).
- Automation: Automations work with a new scheduled task.
- Feature to split a discussion thread (comments) into a new post with some selected comments attached.
- Option to allow visitor posts in forums (a user account will be created automatically)
- Enhanced activity stats widget
- Enhanced videoplug plugin
- Changed Edit entry in evobar to offer more options