Clone not properly cloning all files and database data?

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
bcardone

Clone not properly cloning all files and database data?

Post by bcardone » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 am

Hello,

I have a Wordpress site that is on a Business Hosting plan with Godaddy. I use Installitron to create a staging site and then clone that to a production site. This has been working great for months.

However, last night I tried to use the clone feature to clone the wordpress install but it is not properly cloning? It would appear as though the clone is not fully copying files and data in the database and I have no idea why?

You can clearly see this in the cloning results that reveal that the file and database sizes come up short on the clone I created.

Any thoughts as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 8.35.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 8.35.52 AM.png (71.21 KiB) Viewed 404 times

stric

Re: Clone not properly cloning all files and database data?

Post by stric » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 am

Hi,

Not only clones, but also restore of backups have the same problem. We are experiencing problems with Wordpress Clones, Restores and imports where database values are not imported properly. It results in unsaved settings and inactive plugins.

We have servers with 9.1.43-6 RELEASE and 9.1.43-7 EDGE both same problem.

Phil
Staff

Re: Clone not properly cloning all files and database data?

Post by Phil » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Hello,

I can confirm there was an issue with the clone and restore processes in early 9.1.43 builds. These issues are fixed with the release of 9.1.43-7 (release build 25) which was made available earlier today.

If you continue to experience any issues please open a ticket with support and we'll investigate further:

https://installatron.com/tickets

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder