1 March 2017
ProjectSend version r754 is now available.
Upgrading to ProjectSend r754
ProjectSend r754 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply ProjectSend updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing ProjectSend install to test the r754 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your ProjectSend installations with Installatron
What's New in ProjectSend r754
- Files categories! Think of them as either categories, projects or folders. They are hierarchical and let you organize your files very easily. Clients – for the moment- can only use them to filter files. In the future they will be able to make their own categories and assign files to them.
- Added an option so clients can now delete the files they have uploaded.
- Moved to Bootstrap 3 for a much better mobile experience.
- Log the download when an anonymous user gets a file through a public link.
- Extended the downloads information for a particular file. You can now see the total downloads, how much are by unique clients and also how many are anonymous. The table now shows date, ip and remote host of each particular download.
- Select system language when logging in (overrides the system defined language for this session only).
- Added buttons to auto-generate secure passwords when creating users and clients.
- Added an optional Google sign in button.
- You can now log in using your e-mail too.
- Added reCAPTCHA on the self registration form to prevent spam.
- Added a confg file creator that will run if the sys.config.php file isn’t found.
- Added a button to show the public URL for a file in the post-upload table.
Misc changes and fixes
- Fixed downloading of large files on some servers.
- You can now upload and import orphan files even if no clients or groups exist yet.
- Files without assignations are not considered orphan anymore. Only those uploaded via FTP are orphan until they are added to the database.
- Default and PinBoxes templates now show the categories filter and the expiration status/date for each file.
- Redesigned the PinBoxes template to be more modern and compatible.
- The username/email field on login isn’t case sensitive anymore.
- Improved compatibility with php7
- Behind the scenes improvements
CSS clean up
- Better generation of the main menu
- Replaced textboxlist with jQuery tags input, making the options page stop freezing for a few seconds when loading.
- Changed the file renaming routine so characters are replaced by similar allowed ones instead of underscores.
- Lots of other small fixes and improvements!