11 July 2016
Drupal version 7.50 is now available.
Upgrading to Drupal 7.50
Drupal 7.50 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron's products. Use Installatron's optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply Drupal updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron's Clone feature to duplicate an existing Drupal install to test the 7.50 upgrade prior to applying it live. Get started managing your Drupal installations with Installatron
What's New in Drupal 7.50
Wait... Drupal 7.50?
- Yes, there is a version jump compared to the previous 7.44 release; this is to indicate that this Drupal 7 point release is a bit larger than past ones and makes a few more changes and new features available than normal.
- Updating your existing Drupal 7 sites is recommended. Backwards compatibility is still being maintained, although read on to find out about a couple of changes that might need your attention during the update.
- New "administer fields" permission added for trusted users
- Protection against clickjacking enabled by default
- Support for full UTF-8 (emojis, Asian symbols, mathematical symbols) is now possible on MySQ
- Improved support for recent PHP versions, including PHP 7
- Improved performance (and new PHP warnings) when Drupal is trying to find a file that does not exist