27 June 2017
concrete5 version 8.1.0 is now available.
What's New in concrete5 8.1.0
- The Form block can now display output from an existing Express entity object, as well as create a new custom form from scratch.
- Multilingual sites can output for related pages by setting the site.sites.default.multilingual.set_alternate_hreflang config variable to true (thanks mlocati!)
- You can now hide the footer My Account menu with a setting in the Profiles Dashboard page (thanks mlocati)
- Much improved time zone support; fixes a number of bugs, inconsistencies, tests for database and PHP time zone matching (thanks mlocati)
- Updated CKEditor to 4.6; much better CKEditor appearance and button wrapping behavior (thanks MrKarlDilkington!)
- Make welcome background image cover full width and height (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- DateTime widget - change default displayed past years from 10 to 100 (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Fixed; File Manager Upload does not reflect most recently uploaded files if user doesn't select "View Uploaded"
- Improved thumbnail generation when using the BasicThumbnailer classes – better support for page caching while generating thumbnails, throttling and better performance when generating thumbnails.
- Added toolbar tooltips, defaulted to true but with options to disable in Accessibility settings (thanks seebaermichi)
- Share This Page block now includes full request URI, making it easier to share pages with custom URL parameters (thanks HamedDarragi)
- Image Slider block now includes option for both bullets and arrows (thanks Siton-Design)
- Fixed Resize images client side using 2x downsampling on upload results in jagged images (thanks MrKarldilkington)
- Page Attribute Display block delimiter option works with topics (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Add a semi colon to separate JS scripts in cache
- Page Type Form shows its icons at all times, appears nicer (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Miscellaneous style improvements (thanks ramonleenders, MrKarlDilkington)
- Upgrade improvements and bug fixes
- When moving a file from one storage location to another the thumbnails will also be moved (thanks Mnkras)
- Increased max amount of size slider (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
Express Bug Fixes
- Fix success error when submitting Express Form with two forms on a page.
- Fixed bug where Express many to many associations weren’t named correctly, so working with them programmatically didn’t work.
- More reliable deletion of express objects when they have associations to other objects"
- Fixed Express Entities can't be used in a form unless the user is an administrator
- Fixed Script error when express attribute edited in dashboard form results
Other Bug Fixes
- Removed dummy autoloader added to bootstrap/app.php (shouldn’t affect any applications, but shouldn’t be there anyway.)
- Permissions fixed in the file manager.
- Fixed incorrect characters displaying when dragging a stack icon (thanks katzueno)
- Fixed bug where some sites could start rendering -1/ in their paths when editing the home page.
- Fixed double submit bugs when forms or external forms were placed on the home page.
- Fixed errors that would occur when moving or copying aliases
- Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/8-0-3/404-for-the-dashboard-page-cmsindex.phpdashboardhome/
- Fixed Dashboard file manager menu clipping on in folders without a lot of files (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Fix exception being thrown when the workflow requester was deleted (thanks jaromirdalecky)
- Better permissions protection on file manager with File Uploader access entity; better permissions protection on moving files in file manager.
- Fixed PageList::filterByPath returning no pages when working on multilingual sections (thanks OlegsHanins)
- Minor localization issues with Punic calendar library fixed (thanks ahukkanen)
- Fixed File manager file menu does not reflect accurate file after moving files
- Fixed bug where sitemap selector widget didn’t select pages (thanks Mesuva)
- Fixed: Page types with attributes throw errors when copied
- Fixed: Validate Password tokens don’t reset when email is changed (thanks Mnkras)
- Fixed Manual global cache time is displayed wrong on page cache settings (thanks mlocati)
- Fixed delete file storage location ERROR
- Fix filtering of topics in page list block when filtering by topic category
- Fixed FAQ - Delete Entry breaks the Save button (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Fixed Invalid block type handle exception during upgrade from 22.214.171.124 to 8.0.3 on sites where the RSS DIsplayer block was removed.
- Fixed: Setting a select attribute default value for page types results in foreign key constraint error in composer
- Fixed: Default Page Attributes do not persist
- Fixed bugs where discarding page drafts might cause page blocks to no longer be editable in composer.
- Fixed: Page Attribute default value not set in composer view
- Fixed exception when dealing with Oauth in bindUser method in some setups.
- Updated Zend Mail component to 2.7.2 to fix security issues.
- Fixed: https://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/8-0-3/author-attribute-is-very-tall-when-editing-attributes-from-the-d/
- Added CSRF protection to Forgot Password (thanks Mnkras)
- Fixed Page Attribute - Issue with deleting Rich Text Attribute
- Fix unsanitized file set name displayed in add to sets dialog.
- A new search indexing service provider is available, enabling the use of third party search platforms rather than built-in MySQL search for pages. Currently relatively low level and offering our single MySQL implementation, it nevertheless is a good start for adding support for other services like Elasticsearch, Solr and more.
- Developers can implement getPackageTranslatableStrings() in their package controller in order to specify custom strings to add to the translation repository.
- Bug fixes in custom package entity manager configurations (thanks Kaapiii)
- Miscellaneous code commenting (thanks Mnkras)
- Upgrade Monolog to v1.22.0 (thanks mlocati)
- Upgrade Punic to 1.6.4, fixes certain incompatibilities with Symfony Intl.
This was a bug fix release.
This was a bug fix release.
This was a bug fix release.
- Express: Extensible, Custom Data Objects that can be created by Editors. Easily search, sort, manage permissions on and display these objects in the front-end and the Dashboard.
- User Desktops: a fully customizable landing page for users when they login to the system, available even if user profiles are not. Functions within the Dashboard or outside of it.
- Revamped Waiting for Me: can include a large number of notification types (like user signup, workflow, form submissions, private messages, concrete5 updates and more) and is extendable by third parties.
- Completely overhauled Form block: now powered by Express, form block fields are attribute-based. This means they can be added to with new attributes. Additionally, you can intersperse text with form controls. The Form block creates Express entities in the Dashboard, which you can grant permissions to, related to other entities, and more.
- More control over page defaults – ability to choose whether to delete all blocks based on defaults or just the unforked versions, and the ability to publish updates to page defaults over previously forked versions of defaults blocks.
- Added the ability to add a delimiter to multiple items displayed by the Page Attribute Display block (thanks cryophallion)
- Add topic, tag, and date filtering to the Page Title block (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Add an option to list pages at the current level in Page List (thanks juhotalus)
- Fix image slider composer view (thanks ob7)
- Page versions can now be scheduled for approval in the future.
- Revamped file manager, with support for folders, better support for saved searches, and more.
- Automatically generated thumbnails now work with storage locations (thanks Mnkras)
- New attractive file type icons that better match concrete5’s current UI (thanks Freepik – http://www.flaticon.com/authors/freepik)
- SVG files now will create thumbnails when uploaded if the system has ImageMagick installed (thanks mlocati)
- Stack Folders: Stacks now support folders, which should enable developers to use stacks more efficiently.
- Dashboard Favorites are now Chooseable via the Bookmark Icon in the Dashboard Header
- User approval is now handled through the use of concrete5 workflow. Enable workflows on user activation to control how users register for your concrete5 site. Control which administrators can edit which users. (thanks Mainio!)
- All user passwords can be globally reset from the Dashboard. Users will have to reauthenticate immediately, and change their password immediately.
- There are now separate tracking codes for header and footer locations (thanks MrKarlDillkington, mlocati)
- Multilingual stacks and global areas work nicely with folders.
- Drafts now use the target page location property to determine their locale and language, allowing you to create related drafts for different languages.
- Multilingual sites now appear as their own trees in a tabbed sitemap, rather than within the main site.
- Waiting for Me Workflow List now shows all workflow types instead of just Pages, is fully extendable, more attractive, and available outside of the Dashboard via Desktop Block.
- Added Telephone, URL and Email Address attributes
- Image/File attribute now has an "HTML Input" display mode.
- Text attributes now have a placeholder as an option (thanks avdevs)
- Custom attributes can now be globally applied to your site, and easily accessed By Calling \Site::getSite()->getAttribute(‘attribute_handle’);
- Updated installation process; more attractive, gives users something to do while installation is ocurring, added the ability to specify canonical URL and session handler during installation (thanks mlocati)
- If a site is running on an updated core, the database migrations will automatically be run (saves potential database until the update has to be run manually)
- The command line installer now features an interactive mode when used with -i
- Better checking of .htaccess status when updating pretty URLs (thanks mlocati)
- You can now add page redirects for the home page (thanks edtrist)
- Code cleanup and optimization (thanks a3020, mlocati, Korvinszanto)
- Invalidate browser cache when CSS files are edited (thanks joostrijneveld)
- Switch Site name and page title on default (thanks katzueno)
- We added ID back to the custom style panel for blocks (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Improvements to composer autosave behavior.
- We now use relative URLs when the canonical URL isn’t set.
- Nicer display of image slider in edit mode (thanks Siton-Design)
- Fixed linking to twitter tweets so they don’t redirect (thanks clarkwinkelmann)
- Big thanks to olsgreen for fixing a long standing bug with page edit mode checking and timestamps, leading to a fix of buggy edit mode behaviors like layouts not rendering post add, edit mode not being respected, etc...
- Bug fixes to Image Slider (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- https://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-7-5-8/file-manager-edit-image-doesnt-work-when-jscss-cache-is-on-becau/ (thanks mlocati)
- Fixed bug where custom styles in stacks weren’t showing up if the stack was added to the front-end (thanks olsgreen)
- Added CSRF Tokens to Legacy Form Block (thanks ryantyler)
- Tiny issue: Add missing "/" in $title end tag (thanks Siton-Design)
- Fix issue to generate thumbnail of vertical long image (thanks hissy)
- Fix: loop Setting not working in youtube block (thanks jordif)
- Fix: Switching from a theme with grid support to one without grid support errors out (thanks olsgreen)
- Bug fixes with thumbnail creation logic when the width of the image exactly matches the width of the thumbnail (thanks Mesuva)
- Big update to Doctrine internals (thanks Kaapiii!)
- Symfony components updated to version 3.
- Font Awesome icon set updated to version 4.5.
- Search block URLs support URL Resolver so they can be overridden (thanks ahukkanen)
- Completely new translation subsystem, with better support for language contexts, and an improved API (thanks ahukkanen and mlocati)
- Bootstrap components updated to 3.3.7.
- Updated Laravel Dependency Injection Component to version 5.
- Zend Framework libraries updated to their latest versions
- Added on_form_submission event for Legacy form (thanks Jozzeh)
- Additional commands added to command line tool (thanks mlocati)
- jQuery UI updated to 1.11.4