Serendipity is an open source blog application. Serendipity was initially released in 2005.
Serendipity is a PHP-powered weblog application which provides website owners with an easy way to maintain an online diary, weblog or even a complete homepage. While the default package is designed for the casual blogger, Serendipity offers a flexible, expandable and easy-to-use framework with the power for professional applications.
Serendipity's basic features include something for everybody, from the personal blogger to the professional corporate web designer:
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Built-in, powerful media database
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Cool plugins: category-based sub-blogs, podcasting, RSS planet/aggregator, static pages
- Robust spam blocking
- Can be embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty, remote blogging via XML-RPC
- BSD-style licensing
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
- Native import from earlier blog applications (WordPress, Textpattern, Moveable Type, bblog)
2.0.12015-03-13 (latest version)