deleteme files causing trouble

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
imacyray
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:19 am

deleteme files causing trouble

Postby imacyray » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Hello,
My WordPress site hosted at godaddy is encountering a problem with the deleteme files. I get a blank page instead of the normal login page. What I see is mysitename/com/wp-content/deleteme*some strangenumbers*php.
How can I fix this. As a result my site is blank. Thanks

Phil
Staff
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:06 am

Re: deleteme files causing trouble

Postby Phil » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:34 am

Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Since the website is also blank I suspect this is an issue pertaining to the website configuration and not Installatron specifically. Through your web hosting control panel, check the Apache/PHP error log for anything related to the website, and also try setting the PHP version to "native".

If issues persist you may need to open a ticket and provide temporary cPanel login information for us to review this further.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

DoranP
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: deleteme files causing trouble

Postby DoranP » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:02 pm

I am having the same issue. Ever few days my site comes up blank with the deleteme.(a bunch of numbers)....I keep applying a backup ...but today...it put the site back to normal but I cannot access my WP admin area. I usually access it via the Godaddy cPanel area.

This process is becoming extremely irritating...no actually I'm pissed beyond belief.

I'm not tech saavy with wordpress or any of this code stuff...but I at least tracked it down to being related to Installatron.

There is one difference here....I recently installed the Securi plugin for added security...I have since been getting notices every couple days that login attempts are being made to my site...and they kept failing...and the site kept standing...well finally today they got through again. ( yes I had changed my login and password)

Nothing seems to ever be maliciously done to my site however..no spam or anything...it just disappears with the deleteme stuff in the URL

I suspect that the login attempts are a bot...could it be some process of the installatron working? ...or is it an actual brute force attempt at my site?

Everything that can be updated is updated, PhP has always been set to most current Native. I have not yet done a delete and reinstall of the site...I'd like to avoid that if possible.
I would like to get this resolved and my site configured properly so this doesn't happen anymore. Any help is appreciated thank you.


EDIT: Ok I can access my wordpress admin are vie Godaddy now ( maybe just had to wait a bit?) ...so it looks like no actual login success was made other than mine....but I do see these entries in the Securi log file: ....Are any of these IP addresses part of the Installatron process?
January 20, 2016 5:03 pm system 107.180.12.35 Post deleted; identifier: 112
January 20, 2016 3:19 pm system 107.180.12.35 Post deleted; identifier: 112
January 20, 2016 6:23 am admin 5.196.178.150 User authentication failed: admin
January 20, 2016 4:05 am admin 50.62.161.75 User authentication failed: admin
January 19, 2016 5:12 am admin 72.167.131.148 User authentication failed: admin
January 18, 2016 2:19 am admin 50.62.176.71 User authentication failed: admin
January 17, 2016 6:43 am admin 66.147.244.217 User authentication failed: admin
January 17, 2016 5:36 am admin 69.195.124.118 User authentication failed: admin


Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests