Is Installatron still as active?

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
donnacha

Is Installatron still as active?

Postby donnacha » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:16 am

When I first started using Installatron, last year, I was impressed by how quickly the company responded to questions in the forums and, more importantly, how quickly the scripts were updated when new versions were released.

Over the last while, however, the company seems to have become less responsive to the forum and scripts are not updated as fast. For instance, by far the most used script, WordPress, had a security release (2.9.2) three days ago but Installatron is still on 2.9.1. Not a big deal, but kind of worrying in the wider context.

I worry that the guys behind Installatron might be losing interest because of new competitors, it would be very reassuring to see some sort of statement on how you plan to move forward with Installatron.

donnacha

Re: Is Installatron still as active?

Postby donnacha » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:21 am

Hmmm.

Well, WordPress has now been updated to 2.9.2 but still no reply to my post, so, I guess the product itself is still receiving some attention but the support side of things is more or less dead.

donnacha

Postby donnacha » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Well, it has been a month since I wrote the first post in this thread. While a month is a long time for there to be no response from a company, I think I will wait one more month before giving up on Installatron because, seriously, they were a really good company just half a year ago.

I am not sure why they have suddenly stop engaging with their users - they are a small company, so, all sorts of things might have cropped up in their lives, plenty of things are more important than a software product - but I am hopeful that they will be able to renew their interest in Installatron, it would be such a waste if they just let it die through neglect like this.

But, yes, I agree, the way things are looking now, I may have to change.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:37 am

Hi guys,

Installatron has grown a lot since it launched in 2004. The new Installatron 6 has been very well received and brought us a lot of new business. It suffices to say we've been going through growing pains.

To complicate matters, Installatron used to rely on the ionCube PHP encoder. When cPanel deployed PHP 5.3, ionCube for PHP 5.3 was far from stable and we suddenly had a lot of extra support on our hands. However, we learned a lot from this and have made sufficient changes to ensure this scenario doesn't reoccur.

Regarding these forums, we've always viewed them as a user-to-user means of support. However, as pointed out, our presence on the forums has been less over the past few months. We aim to fix this. Going forward, expect a larger presence from us on the forums.

The best way to contact us remains our ticket system or sales email address. We will always monitor these outlets closer than the forums.

Thanks as always for choosing Installatron.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:45 am

FlexiHost wrote:I think that the product you mentioned in your post seems to have some nice features - I have been trying to find out for ages about getting an installer sorted, but still can not get help from here, so I may change as well.

Hello,

We won't be able to create it for you, but we're happy to answer any questions related to creating custom Installatron application packages. Just create a ticket or post the questions to these forums.

Also note the SDK has some great resources:
http://installatron.com/sdk_overview
http://installatron.com/sdk_examples
http://installatron.com/sdk_troubleshooting

Thanks,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”