Getting phpLD added to Installatron

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
dvduval

Getting phpLD added to Installatron

Postby dvduval » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm

I wanted to find out what would be required to get phpLD's free directory script added to Installatron. It is the most widely used script for creating a directory, and I'm sure it would be a great addition. I will be happy to have our programmers work through the SDK as needed, but wanted to make sure you will be open to adding it.
Thanks,
David

Rowan
Staff

Re: Getting phpLD added to Installatron

Postby Rowan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:04 am

Hi David,

phpLD looks like it would be a great addition to Installatron, and if you're able to create and maintain an installer we'd be happy to include it as part of the official distribution.

If you don't already have a client account you can create one here:

http://installatron.com/newaccount

That will give you access to the editor system:

http://installatron.com/editor

My advice would be to find an install method that can be used for the initial version and all future versions without change, or if that's not possible then with minimum changes each new release. And have the same aim in mind when upgrading needs support from the second version on.

When you have it installing let me know and I'll give it some testing, and if you have any questions you can ask them here or via our tickets system.

Cheers,
Rowan

dvduval

Postby dvduval » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:06 am

Thank you, Rowan. I have just ask one of our programmers to go through the sdk and they will be working on getting this setup. Once we are finished with this, does this automatically get pushed out to the hosts that use installatron?

Rowan
Staff

Postby Rowan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:10 am

It won't be automatically added to the distribution; I will give it some testing first and if all looks good I'll make it what we call an "author" installer, and it will be added to all the servers with Installatron.

Rowan.

dvduval

Postby dvduval » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 am

Great, thank you. We will be working on this and hope to have something for you later this week. Thanks for your fast responses. I am very impressed with Installatron so far.

dvduval

Postby dvduval » Fri May 22, 2009 1:44 pm

I believe both James and Volodymyr have communicated with you now, and hopefully we are well on our way to getting phpLD into Installatron. I wanted to also let you know that how I learned about Installatron was through a large host that is considering using your product, and I will be sure and report to them about my good experience working with you.

Thanks,
David

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”